Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Changing the front grill (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=134852)

Keith Hall Sep 25th, 2011 22:11

Changing the front grill

Just managed to acquire via ebay a "big badge" front grilll for my 2006 XC90.

Seller has said its a 5 minute job to change over.

Are there any guides on here about this or any one got any tips on how to do this?

Cheers!

Bill Edmondson Sep 25th, 2011 23:51

A couple of quite recent ones actually, go back a few pages in this section you will soon find them.

Good luck

harvey07 Sep 26th, 2011 22:28

you lucky bgggrrr...I have been after one of those, but haven't checked ebay for a while ! I actually bought a new grill, but it turned out to be for the oldest model.

I have to say it was a five minute job (maybe even less) & there were instructions on one of my posts, if you look back with the search option.

What did u end up paying if u don't mind me asking? I still fancy one.

Keith Hall Sep 27th, 2011 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvey07 (Post 992946)
you lucky bgggrrr...I have been after one of those, but haven't checked ebay for a while ! I actually bought a new grill, but it turned out to be for the oldest model.

I have to say it was a five minute job (maybe even less) & there were instructions on one of my posts, if you look back with the search option.

What did u end up paying if u don't mind me asking? I still fancy one.

Thanks for the tip off and I'll take a look back through the forum to find your post.

Do you know what the retail is on these new grills? I was lucky I think as I managed to find a used which hopefully is in good order.

harvey07 Sep 29th, 2011 12:52

Retail is >£200, FRF will do you one for circa £180, but still a lot for a bit of plastic...I only paid £25 for my 'old' version, which was a bargain for brand new. Still hanker over the big badge one tho'...

The Mad Rapper Sep 29th, 2011 13:08

Couldn't you look for one in a breaker's yard?

harvey07 Sep 29th, 2011 21:18

Aye, I guess I could...

Keith Hall Sep 29th, 2011 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Rapper (Post 994635)
Couldn't you look for one in a breaker's yard?

Not that common though I would have thought as only available on newer models and in a front end, not much left of the grill I'd guess

LDavis Feb 12th, 2012 18:47

Gents I was thinking of changing my on my newly purchased 56 plate sport. Can you point me at the guides please or give me a qucik run through. I am going to buy a new one I think and try and recover a few quid by selling the old one (still like new) on Ebay.

RoyMacDonald Mar 1st, 2012 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvey07 (Post 994622)
Retail is >£200, FRF will do you one for circa £180, but still a lot for a bit of plastic...I only paid £25 for my 'old' version, which was a bargain for brand new. Still hanker over the big badge one tho'...

FRF charged me £130.38 + Vat. (June 2010) That's quoting C3 for the discount.