Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Northern BKV (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=317532)

Underdrive Jun 11th, 2021 09:22

Northern BKV

Are there many 140 forum members intending to go to the Northern BKV this year? I've never been and wondered if many people usually take spares/parts along to sell, or is it a case of 'come along and compare your shiny car with my shiny car'?

Derek UK Jun 11th, 2021 13:19

Always take spares to sell. Know what you have and your price. Clean parts sell better than rusty/greasy ones. Of course, the desirability of the parts you have has to match the punters desire to buy. Shiny car comparisons are good too!

Note: From personal experience, very few people have money in their pocket now days! The comment that the person would have the part but they only have £5 cash, or less, on them is common. If you have good items it's best to post details beforehand, with prices if you like, and say that they can be collected at the BKV. That way you have a better chance of money changing hands.

Underdrive Jun 11th, 2021 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek UK (Post 2744492)
Always take spares to sell. Know what you have and your price. Clean parts sell better than rusty/greasy ones. Of course, the desirability of the parts you have has to match the punters desire to buy. Shiny car comparisons are good too!

Note: From personal experience, very few people have money in their pocket now days! The comment that the person would have the part but they only have £5 cash, or less, on them is common. If you have good items it's best to post details beforehand, with prices if you like, and say that they can be collected at the BKV. That way you have a better chance of money changing hands.

Thanks Derek, several good points from you as always :regular_smile:

Underdrive Jul 20th, 2021 10:14

Ok, with the national meeting out of the way who is going to the Northern event and is anyone bringing any 140 parts to sell?

Dippydog Jul 20th, 2021 11:26

Poor memory/brain fade/senility,but I can't remember when this is or where it's to be held:speechless-smiley-5

Underdrive Jul 20th, 2021 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippydog (Post 2755011)
Poor memory/brain fade/senility,but I can't remember when this is or where it's to be held:speechless-smiley-5

Wetherby, end of this month. Details in the 'events' section of this forum.

Dippydog Jul 20th, 2021 16:30

Thanks for that Underdrive.

davidedwinleroy Jul 25th, 2021 15:49

Wetherby Tacecourse, Sunday 1st August. Good social event. Haven't seen a 140 there for some years.

Underdrive Jul 26th, 2021 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidedwinleroy (Post 2756607)
Wetherby Tacecourse, Sunday 1st August. Good social event. Haven't seen a 140 there for some years.

That could explain why I've had such a poor response on this group. Which models typically attend?

Volvo_133 Jul 26th, 2021 19:00

Hi,
I have took my amazon twice in 13 years. There was 1 other amazon, no PV , P1800, 140, or 164s on both occasions. There were 240 models onwards.
There were more recent models xc60 and 90 which appeared to be used for caravanning.
Its all down to each individuals choice, personally my interest is with the older machinery.
Chris.