Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   400 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   my 480s has to go this weekend, only 60 left on the road! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=185326)

Benjammo Jul 26th, 2013 18:37

my 480s has to go this weekend, only 60 left on the road!

My 480 has just failed its mot, ive not even driven the car yet. Its located in buckinghamshire, i think, my mates got it. Unless i can hire a trailer and bring it home it has to go this weekend, we buy any car has offered 225 so if anyone has 200 quid spare its theres. It has some tax, 2 new tyres , the archers have jyst been sorted, etc. Too nice to scrap but i dint have many options. If its not gone by sunday, lll have to take it to we buy any car. :( im really gutted.

Paffel Jul 26th, 2013 19:21

Can you tell me what it failed on, and its exact location?

Benjammo Jul 26th, 2013 21:56

its not failed on much,
Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate

Offside Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b)

Front both Direction indicator incorrect colour (1.4.A.2f)

Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.4)

Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (7.3.D.4)

Offside Rear Floor pan Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)

Offside Front front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

Offside Outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter insecure to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)

Nearside Front Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)

Front brake application uneven (3.7.A.2)

Front brakes release unevenly (3.7.A.4)

Offside rear brake recording little or no effort (3.7.A.5a)

Offside rear parking brake recording little or no effort (3.7.A.6a)

Rear Brakes imbalanced across an axle (3.7.A.5b)

Advisory Notice issued

Drivers door check strap broken

Rear wiper split

Nail in nearside front tyre

the cars at my mates works, I'm not 100% where that it, he lives in milton keynes, has a work shop in buckinghamshire (i think) and a full time job somewhere else (thats where the car is now) as soon as I find out where it is I'll let ya know.

Anadinolin Jul 27th, 2013 08:13

The only major bit is the suspention area corrosion. And the non funtioning lights

The rest sounds like neglect. It needs someone to climb under the car and change all 4 sets of pads and disks, clean the calipers and grease the sliders etc the cv gaiter just needs grease shoving behind it and tie-ing on with zip ties.

In the engine bay, clean the icv and some new ht leads and sparks - new lambda?

And lastly orange bulbs for the indicators :)

steve m Jul 27th, 2013 08:38

i got a trailer we rent out, its in hemel hempstead

minty Jul 27th, 2013 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjammo (Post 1456757)
My 480 has just failed its mot, ive not even driven the car yet. Its located in buckinghamshire, i think, my mates got it. Unless i can hire a trailer and bring it home it has to go this weekend, we buy any car has offered 225 so if anyone has 200 quid spare its theres. It has some tax, 2 new tyres , the archers have jyst been sorted, etc. Too nice to scrap but i dint have many options. If its not gone by sunday, lll have to take it to we buy any car. :( im really gutted.

Hi Ben, if you do end up trailering it up to Barnsley please fell free to drop it at mine in Derby theres £200 here for you :)

Benjammo Jul 27th, 2013 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anadinolin (Post 1456957)
The only major bit is the suspention area corrosion. And the non funtioning lights

The rest sounds like neglect. It needs someone to climb under the car and change all 4 sets of pads and disks, clean the calipers and grease the sliders etc the cv gaiter just needs grease shoving behind it and tie-ing on with zip ties.

In the engine bay, clean the icv and some new ht leads and sparks - new lambda?

And lastly orange bulbs for the indicators :)

I agree, theres not much there, apart from the rust really that i cant sort out, but only if I can get it back, if not then it has to go.

Benjammo Jul 27th, 2013 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by minty (Post 1457000)
Hi Ben, if you do end up trailering it up to Barnsley please fell free to drop it at mine in Derby theres £200 here for you :)

Can I just come down and get the £200?
If I can get the car up here I'll be doing the work and keeping it.

Benjammo Jul 27th, 2013 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve m (Post 1456965)
i got a trailer we rent out, its in hemel hempstead

Thanks for the offedr but its a bit far for me to return it.
However if you happened to be passing yorkshire anytime soon, and just happened to have the trailer with you, I'd happily supply you with a carvery meal and a few pints ;)

steve m Jul 27th, 2013 13:32

lol, you dont go anywhere with a twin axle trailer, 7.2 meters by 2.4 metres !