Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dvla (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=307758)

heckflosse Jul 10th, 2020 11:42

Dvla

I know we are in strange times, but has anyone managed to make contact with DVLA recently?
Not wishing to be sarcastic or knock the efforts of those who work there, but it would be nice if it was possible to talk to someone re driving licences and V5 delays?
If this is the new normal its not brilliant...

palwing Jul 10th, 2020 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by heckflosse (Post 2646251)
I know we are in strange times, but has anyone managed to make contact with DVLA recently?

Nope...me neither. Given up!

rudi dudi Jul 10th, 2020 12:09

I wouldn't be surprised it's a Civil service department..Utterly useless as all Government Dept's are.

dingov70 Jul 10th, 2020 12:11

Ask your MP to contact them , it works wonders . Either they contact DVLA directly from their office or they ask a question in Parliament regarding contact , both have desired results

or follow this link

https://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

Hope it helps:shocked:

Whyman Jul 10th, 2020 12:55

Not had a problem, I applied for my replacement driving licence on Monday evening, it arrived this morning.

Very efficient.

Welton Jul 10th, 2020 13:58

DVLA

Department of Very Lost Applications.....

360beast Jul 10th, 2020 14:53

I've had three V5s in the lockdown, first one took about 6 weeks, 2nd less than a week and the third one a couple of weeks. So no I can't say I've had any issues.

griston64 Jul 10th, 2020 14:59

Talking to someone at DVLA ended years ago :teeth_smile: I have always found the online stuff to be very good and quick turnaround.

andy_d Jul 12th, 2020 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by heckflosse (Post 2646251)
Not wishing to be sarcastic or knock the efforts of those who work there, but it would be nice if it was possible to talk to someone re driving licences and V5 delays?
If this is the new normal its not brilliant...

they were Never anywhere near "good" before
this is just the Latest excuse for the Criminal service they "provide"

civil servants, no self appointed clownshoes "yes"
Un-civil servant "hell yes"

as said Get onto your MP ,, and dont let up till the MP sorts it out
MP's AND civil servants are there To do the job paid for ,, they NEED reminding of that,, frequently/often and with a big pokey stick !

DaveNP Jul 12th, 2020 07:40

I have not needed to interact with DVLA over the past few months so couldn't comment on them, but as the executor of my late mother in laws estate I have been trying to progress a number of issues, I am becoming increasingly frustrated by the corona virus excuse, not just from government departments but from companies who should be working for the money they are directly charging me.
A pleasant contrast was British Gas. I had been meaning to call them to update them as due to corona virus 3 months have gone by with very little progress but then they sent me a letter to check what how I was getting on, I phoned the number on the letter they sent, there was no recorded message to get the corona virus excuse in first :) , I don't think I waited that long for someone to talk to me :) and she quickly accessed the account and could see what had been said and done previously :) . Even though she didn't feel the need to use it as an excuse it became apparent during the call that this lady was actually working from home, half way through one of her children came to her crying about something, the poor lady was most apologetic but dealt with the child quickly and still dealt with my situation competently and efficiently, it can be done :) .