Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Volvo Scan Tool (Free Scan) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=70633)

outnumbered Apr 15th, 2009 21:37

Volvo Scan Tool (Free Scan)

HI all..
i have just acquired a volvo scan tool. it covers all volvo up to 1998 S/V40, 900. 850,V70, C70,i am offering a FREE service in the west yorkshire area to clear fault codes, however if you wish to donate to my grandsons holiday kitty it will be appreciated.
mike

Jod T5 Apr 16th, 2009 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered (Post 492942)
HI all..
i have just acquired a volvo scan tool. it covers all volvo up to 1998 S/V40, 900. 850,V70, C70,i am offering a FREE service in the west yorkshire area to clear fault codes, however if you wish to donate to my grandsons holiday kitty it will be appreciated.
mike

Thanks Mike...
Sticky'd...
Cheers
Jod

tissot Apr 16th, 2009 01:10

hello, is this volfcr?

outnumbered Apr 16th, 2009 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tissot (Post 493082)
hello, is this volfcr?

hi.
no its a volvo scan tool that the dealers used up to 1999. i also have volfcr.
mike

mike

Eamon Talty Apr 22nd, 2009 22:52

Hello Mike, I was thinking of buying VOl FCR but I have no serial 9 pin on my laptop.

Need to do pump timing (dash triangular light on) 1996' 850 Tdi auto.

Will Vol FCR do this job and can anyone recommend an interface for USB port on my laptop - seem to be many around but need to know one that "actually" works.

Thank you

outnumbered Apr 23rd, 2009 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eamon Talty (Post 496054)
Hello Mike, I was thinking of buying VOl FCR but I have no serial 9 pin on my laptop.

Need to do pump timing (dash triangular light on) 1996' 850 Tdi auto.

Will Vol FCR do this job and can anyone recommend an interface for USB port on my laptop - seem to be many around but need to know one that "actually" works.

Thank you

hi
volvfcr version 1.74 will do the pump timing for you, you will need the usb version which you can get from ilexa onboard diagnotic. you sa y you have the mil light on it may not be your pump timing, have the codes read and go from there.
mike

Eamon Talty Apr 27th, 2009 21:30

Thanks Mike - I will read the codes, although pretty sure it is the timing as have recently changed cambelt, pulleys, waterpump and FIP belt.

When I retimed everything it was very difficult to start lots of white smoke, but did run and light on dash stayed out.

The only way I could get it to start easily was to move it one notch on the FIP pulley in the advanced direction - Now the green triangular light is on - Book says this is emission light - Is this the same as MIL light?

Where did you get your USB interface from or are you on serial port?

Thanks for your help!

Eamon

outnumbered Apr 29th, 2009 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eamon Talty (Post 498239)
Thanks Mike - I will read the codes, although pretty sure it is the timing as have recently changed cambelt, pulleys, waterpump and FIP belt.

When I retimed everything it was very difficult to start lots of white smoke, but did run and light on dash stayed out.

The only way I could get it to start easily was to move it one notch on the FIP pulley in the advanced direction - Now the green triangular light is on - Book says this is emission light - Is this the same as MIL light?

Where did you get your USB interface from or are you on serial port?

Thanks for your help!

Eamon

hi
i am going to my sons at thatcham this weekend i can bring the scan tool with me .to set up the pump timing it needs to be hooked up to the scan tool and then moved.
mike

mike

Eamon Talty Apr 30th, 2009 21:43

Hello Mike - That is very kind of you. It will work well for me also as I am driving to Surrey on Saturday and could travel via Thatcham.

Have you any idea what time you could be available on Sat and I could fit in with your plans.

I will PM you (think I know how to do it) with my mobile number and maybe I can enter your sons address into sat nav.

I will prepare the car (take covers off etc) so we can adjust the pulleys and belt - Hopefully get this blessed light out.

Thanks very much

Eamon

outnumbered Apr 30th, 2009 22:11

hi Eamon.
i have sent you a pm not avl on sat or sunday but can meet on monday on the way back hope this helps.
mike