Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Wanted or advice. B20 injection head port seal covers (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=308284)

205clipper Jul 26th, 2020 13:56

Wanted or advice. B20 injection head port seal covers

Thanks to Triple S for the injector head.

Using it for carbs. I have seen cover plates which bolt over the old injector port and use the original injector bolts.

Anyone got any left or point me in the right direction.

Burdekin Jul 26th, 2020 14:23

£1 coins fit but need thinning to be flush. Some JB weld to hold in place. You can then make some plates to fix over them and screw into the head.

Burdekin Jul 26th, 2020 19:17

2 Attachment(s)
Pics of the coins etc.

142 Guy Jul 26th, 2020 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burdekin (Post 2650521)
£1 coins fit but need thinning to be flush. Some JB weld to hold in place. You can then make some plates to fix over them and screw into the head.

Isn't it unlawful to deface, destroy or otherwise repurpose coin of the realm in GB. It is in Canada - if they catch you.

Notwithstanding legalities around defacing legal tender, I believe that there are small (7/8 " I think) casting plugs / freeze plugs that will fit nicely in the injector port to seal it off. A bit fiddly trying to tap such a small plug with a ball peen hammer so best to back up the fit it with something like some Loctite sleeve mounting compound. If you are paranoid you can tap the port and use a flush (allen key type) NPT pipe plug to seal off the port. However, big NPT pipe taps are a little pricey if you can't borrow one. The pipe plug has the hugely important advantage that it looks professional - like it is supposed to be there as opposed to something cobbled up.

Burdekin Jul 26th, 2020 20:41

Just need to use Scottish £1 coins. Scottish money isn't legal tender in the UK. I jest as there are no Scottish £1coins. These were the old ones, need to check if new ones fit.

205clipper Jul 26th, 2020 22:36

Love the coin discussion- euros may be an option! Unfortunately a few coming back from Spain currently.

I do like the covers with the cap bolts. Anyone got any spare? Or can point me in the right direction.

Burdekin Jul 27th, 2020 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by 205clipper (Post 2650659)
Love the coin discussion- euros may be an option! Unfortunately a few coming back from Spain currently.

I do like the covers with the cap bolts. Anyone got any spare? Or can point me in the right direction.

There was a guy on the turbobricks forum that use to make that sort of thing I think. I just made mine. Maybe ask Simon at Brookhouse if he sells them.

205clipper Jul 29th, 2020 21:48

Tried Brookhouse but no luck.

Fancy making some cover plates for me or sending a pattern?

Regards

dingov70 Jul 30th, 2020 06:51

I second the core plug & loctite method . Drive the core plugs home using a suitable sized punch or even a socket & extension , you are only tapping lightly not driving out bearings

Burdekin Jul 30th, 2020 08:39

I just made mine with a grinder and a hand drill. Used 5 or 6mm plate and just made them to what I thought looked right. Sorry I don’t have time to be making stuff for other folk, I can’t even get all my own stuff done.