Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   V70 bi fuel mpg? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=138278)

666bryan Nov 9th, 2011 12:09

V70 bi fuel mpg?

Hi all I have a 2002 v70 bi fuel auto
Se trim. What mpg should I be gettng on
LPG? And petrol?

MrP Nov 9th, 2011 16:10

Petrol, no idea

LPG, i get around 180-200 to a tank on a daily basis (15 miles to work, some stuck in traffic, some at motorway speeds, plus i have a very heavy right foot)

if i'm on holiday and going a bit more steady, i can squeeze 250 miles on a tank

666bryan Nov 9th, 2011 18:14

Thanks I get around 170 to a tank
My engine management light comes on some times
My reader says misfire pot 5
Have you had any problems?
Do you think I have a problem?

classicswede Nov 9th, 2011 21:38

Try a new set of spark plugs as a first step and then try cleaning the lpg distributor.

MrP Nov 10th, 2011 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666bryan (Post 1022177)
Thanks I get around 170 to a tank
My engine management light comes on some times
My reader says misfire pot 5
Have you had any problems?
Do you think I have a problem?

loads of problems, i ended up fixing all mine by replacing the entire front end (vaporiser, distributor & stepper motor)

18 months of trouble free motoring so far, but its starting to need a service, or the stepper motor is starting to go as it dosent feel as smooth as it should do

classicswede Nov 10th, 2011 10:39

If you do need to replace parts then I would recomend a full new modern front end kit rather than trying to make one of those systems work as it should.

The stepper motors are well known to give problems and be very short lived.

MrP Nov 10th, 2011 11:07

if memory serves, Volvo has had to have the stepper motors re-manufactures as they ran out!

i'd be interested in a modern front end, BUT it would have to work seamlessly with the standard Volvo kit, rather than having bits stuck on my dashboard

edit : thinking about it, i know Volvo don't offer an LPG powered car over here, but do they have any LPG powered models for sale in Europe?

Bhowani 2 Nov 10th, 2011 14:24

LPG Volvo

Learn Italian, and see the Italian Volvo site!

They have been selling what they call "tri-fuel" V50s etc for some time - sad they can't do that here in t'UK!

Ah well..........

Bhowani 2
2008 2.4 V50 LPG

classicswede Nov 10th, 2011 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrP (Post 1022639)
if memory serves, Volvo has had to have the stepper motors re-manufactures as they ran out!

i'd be interested in a modern front end, BUT it would have to work seamlessly with the standard Volvo kit, rather than having bits stuck on my dashboard

edit : thinking about it, i know Volvo don't offer an LPG powered car over here, but do they have any LPG powered models for sale in Europe?

It is fully possible to intergrate the modern system in with the Bi fuel Volvo kit. The fuel gauge etc is retained.

MrP Nov 11th, 2011 18:54

can you expand a bit on that please dai.

i take it that would be using the current tank, still change over on the "petrol" button on the dash etc?

would be interested to know what kit, and a rough idea of a price