Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Saloon fuel tank wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325822)

packers1712 Jun 5th, 2022 21:57

Saloon fuel tank wanted

Hi all,

Anyone got a good not leaking fuel tank for a saloon that they are willing to sell mine seems to have sprung a leak?

Doug.

kishor kassie Jun 6th, 2022 19:04

Tank

Quote:

Originally Posted by packers1712 (Post 2827665)
Hi all,

Anyone got a good not leaking fuel tank for a saloon that they are willing to sell mine seems to have sprung a leak?

Doug.

Hi Doug

I have a tank that I bought from this forum but the seller failed to tell me that the 'neck' has a leak. I still have it in it's wrapping but only the neck needs a weld due to a hair line crack. I paid 75 quid for it if you keen. Thanks
kassie 07828879494

packers1712 Jun 7th, 2022 08:09

Good morning Kassie,

Thanks for the offer but my tank also has a small leak around the filler neck but now has another one at the bottom around the drain bung insert so it looks like I'm going have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, did you have any luck finding out if the rear seat back has an arm rest or not?

Doug.

Burdekin Jun 7th, 2022 09:19

Hi Doug,

I have a spare one, has a few dents. It came with my 131 so I've not tested it. You can have it if you like. I’m away until the 19th so wouldn’t be able to test it or send it until after then.

Cheers, Mitch

packers1712 Jun 7th, 2022 15:22

Thanks for the reply Mitch, any idea how much you will want for it if it happens to test good including shipping, please don't take this the wrong way but I don't want to have to travel up to you to collect, PM me if you'd prefer?

Doug.

Burdekin Jun 7th, 2022 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by packers1712 (Post 2827951)
Thanks for the reply Mitch, any idea how much you will want for it if it happens to test good including shipping, please don't take this the wrong way but I don't want to have to travel up to you to collect, PM me if you'd prefer?

Doug.

You can have the tank, I won't need it and I'm trying to reduce my spares. Not sure how much shipping would be, not too much I would think. I have some boxes so can box it up for the courier so you just pay for the courier.

I've not had a proper look at it, but can get some pics etc when home.

packers1712 Jun 7th, 2022 16:39

Thanks Mitch obviously if you’re not home till 19th then I don’t need to commit to anything right now so I’ll let you know either way beforehand.

Doug.

Burdekin Jun 7th, 2022 16:49

Yeah no bother at all. Just give me a reminder after the 19th if still looking.

packers1712 Jun 13th, 2022 15:01

Hey Mitch,

Just letting you know that I no longer need your tank as I bit the bullet and bought a new one from Brookhouse!:shocked:

For anyone else before I scrap the old tank is anyone interested in it for repair or a project?

Doug.