Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   General: Ferrita stainless exhausts. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=63824)

PiratepeteT4 Mar 27th, 2012 08:10

Hi I'm after something nice for my S40 T4, any suggestions?

getcarter1972 Jun 3rd, 2012 20:18

I m after a full sports system for my v50 2.4i - what do you have that might suit? Sorry to ask but am relatively new and still finding my way :)

Axionknight Jun 3rd, 2012 22:04

Don is a hard man to get hold of, lol.

Try his site, kalmar-union.com, theres other methods of communication on there.

don kalmar union Jun 4th, 2012 08:31

Kalmar Union contact.

You can call me on 01494 785508 or email don@kalmar-union.com

For the Focus based cars I only have cat back replacements for the T5s; C30, C70, S40 and V50.

Regards, Don.

850Chris Aug 12th, 2012 22:34

I'm very close to buying a Ferrita cat back system for the T5 (which I'll buy through Don's website).

Before I do, I'm keen to see photos of the system on an SE T5 (i.e. non R-Design or Sport). Does anyone have any photos of the system on their V50 / S40? Also, does anyone know what diameter the tailpipe outlets are? I've tried asking the man himself but no reply as of yet.

Thanks in advance

don kalmar union Aug 13th, 2012 10:24

Ferrita exhaust.

Hello Chris,

Apologies for the delay...I have just sent an email to you.

Regards, Don.

scoobysn7x Sep 27th, 2012 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by don kalmar union (Post 1225788)
Hello Chris,

Apologies for the delay...I have just sent an email to you.

Regards, Don.

I'd be interested in said photo as I have a s40 T5 SE & the exhaust is starting to blow so thinking about a ferrita want to know what they look like fitted, and are they noticeable louder than standard

Nick63 Jan 26th, 2014 12:35

Morning all,
I have an issue with my exhaust system on my V70R, in that it's a bit too "Boomy"...I think that it's a custom built system, which has the twin rear back boxes, which sounds bloody lovely when I start it up and when edging through town....but on the dual carriageway and motorway, it gets a bit uncomfortable, unless I take her to about 85mph, then it's a bit better. ...not good! Is there any rear boxes that I can fit that will reduce the "Boom"? Not sure that I can afford to buy a full system at the moment, but I would like to get it sorted out before we drive across France in May. Not sure I could put up with the noise for that length of time. ...any tips would be helpfull.....

don kalmar union Jan 26th, 2014 13:08

Ferrita exhausts.

I keep Ferrita's stainless sports systems in stock for both the 2 and 4 wheel drive cars.

You can check them here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-..._c70-exhausts/

The prices shown include VAT and UK mainland delivery by TNT.

Regards, Don.

dannyboy_turbo Jan 26th, 2014 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick63 (Post 1568055)
Morning all,
I have an issue with my exhaust system on my V70R, in that it's a bit too "Boomy"...I think that it's a custom built system, which has the twin rear back boxes, which sounds bloody lovely when I start it up and when edging through town....but on the dual carriageway and motorway, it gets a bit uncomfortable, unless I take her to about 85mph, then it's a bit better. ...not good! Is there any rear boxes that I can fit that will reduce the "Boom"? Not sure that I can afford to buy a full system at the moment, but I would like to get it sorted out before we drive across France in May. Not sure I could put up with the noise for that length of time. ...any tips would be helpfull.....

Hi! After getting a straight through pipe made up for my car which caused huge droning on the motorway I got a stainless backbox with a small rear silencer made up by my local powerflow place for £110 and the quality is great. I can post a pic although mine was for PH2 V70.