Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Classic Car Insurers (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339053)

VolvoFan Mar 28th, 2024 17:40

Classic Car Insurers

Who can recommend the best insurance company for good service and competitive premium rates for the 1800 series?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Moomoo Mar 28th, 2024 17:44

I am with Peter James of Birmingham. They are very accessible and easy to talk to.
My first renewal was actually cheaper than my first cover!

I took them on recommendation from a gentleman with many classic vehicles.

blueosprey90 Mar 29th, 2024 14:00

I'm not sure what they do on your side of the pond, but for my classic cars I am primarily interested in "agreed value" coverage.

In conventional policies, although you pay for "comprehensive" property damage coverage, they will only pay you for the depreciated value of the car. In other words, if you buy a new car for $40,000 and crash on the way home from the dealer, they may only pay you $30,000 as the car has now been depreciated. My 2004 Honda had about 35,000 miles, was in pristine condition and is worth about $28,500. But the blue book value would say $14,500 - and that's what I might get with a total loss with conventional coverage. With agreed value coverage, there is no argument about what the car is worth. They pay out the $28,500.

Another issue is how you can use the car. Some classic insurers only allow "car show" use or have limited annual mileage requirements. I want a policy that allows me sufficient flexibility that I can use the cars when and how I want. Some years I may put up to 4,000 miles on the car(s); and I almost never go to car shows.

For me, "good service and competitive premiums" are only secondary considerations.

ITSv40 Mar 29th, 2024 19:36

I have just received the renewal invitation for the agreed value classic policy on the C70 - premium is less than last year. Peter Best Insurance Services, very good customer experience.

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX Mar 29th, 2024 19:55

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

Dibble Apr 2nd, 2024 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2942819)
I am with Peter James of Birmingham. They are very accessible and easy to talk to.
My first renewal was actually cheaper than my first cover!

I took them on recommendation from a gentleman with many classic vehicles.

I have been with them for about the past 12 years with my Amazon. Just renewed again and spoke to the lady in the office as I had forgotten to renew. What a pleasure to have my phone answered after 5 rings by a lovely English lady and renewal dealt with there and then.
Last month it was a different company for renewal of other car. One hour forty minutes over two days and then a young lady from South East Asia. Perhaps it was my Scots accent! That's it when next the time comes. Horrendous.
5 Stars for Peter James.

Bracpan Apr 4th, 2024 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX (Post 2943000)
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

I am also with Adrian Flux and found them helpful and cheaper than my last insurer.

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX Apr 6th, 2024 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracpan (Post 2943854)
I am also with Adrian Flux and found them helpful and cheaper than my last insurer.

Hi.
Glad we could help out with your insurance.
Regards,
Dan.