Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Steering twisted belt noise (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=255817)

Coggy79 Sep 2nd, 2016 06:44

Steering twisted belt noise

A one find a fix for noise I get which sounds like a twisted leather belt type noise from the bottom half of the steering wheel. Only happens when I leave for work and is gone when I get in to go home. I've seen similar posts just looking for a fix

GusGecko Sep 2nd, 2016 07:10

Seriously why don't you just have one thread called 'stuff that's wrong with coggys car' and post all this stuff in one place

NigelDay Sep 2nd, 2016 07:48

He has either bought a lemon from a dealer who doesn't have the highest of reputations, or he expects a used car (with heaven knows what history) to behave like new.

wimorrison Sep 2nd, 2016 07:51

I feel sorry for those around him if he is like this at home with everything else ...

Coggy79 Sep 2nd, 2016 08:24

steady on lads no need for that, car has full mill volvo stockton history, 1 owner. I think i was expecting more from the volvo brand, in no way does it compete with the VAG group of cars, itll do to ferry the family about for a year.At least my posts give you something to read :loser:

GJB Sep 2nd, 2016 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coggy79 (Post 2161991)
steady on lads no need for that, car has full mill volvo stockton history, 1 owner. I think i was expecting more from the volvo brand, in no way does it compete with the VAG group of cars, itll do to ferry the family about for a year.At least my posts give you something to read :loser:

But most of us find it rather boring having to jump from one entry to another to find the whole story.

Coggy79 Sep 2nd, 2016 08:32

The steering wheel thing just happened yesterday. What year did electric assist come in. I have late December 62 plate maybe I have it .

MCV60 Sep 2nd, 2016 12:52

My steering wheel turns through 360 degrees, in both directions. Turn left, the front wheels turn left. Turn right and well, you know the rest. ..... No squeaks, rattles or sense of tramlining.

Are you sure you haven't bought an insurance write off or accident repair? Because, if I'd had half the issues you'd had it would be wanting my money back.

I'd take this list of all the threads you've started to the dealers

Arianne Sep 2nd, 2016 13:56

Coggy, you make me smile. And I feel for you too. Do you annoy me, absolutely no way....

..... posting is free, reading posts is optional and there is no finite pot of posts being used up by you.

You post, others may (or may not) read them and reply. If it makes you happy and is of any use to you then go right ahead.

And to everyone. You all made me smile this lunchtime so cheers.

Back to work then.

Arianne

PS. someone even thanked you for that first post Coggy! Someone loves you out there in the virtual world.

Coggy79 Sep 2nd, 2016 14:51

There's more to come ladies