Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Car's first service (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=273756)

Lexman8 Oct 12th, 2017 20:55

Car's first service

Car was in today for its 12-month service plus 2 or 3 recalls and other stuff:
  • replaced EGR bracket
  • replaced PowerPulse hose
  • replaced rear (exploding) seatbelt
  • recalibrated BLIS to fix lack of warnings on n/s
  • updated VDDM (Vehicle Dynamics Domain Master)
  • updated to Sensus 2.0
  • checked water-in-doors issue
All seems good apart from the water in all the doors problem. Apparently it's a known issue (there's a 10-page TJ for it!) and the car will have to go back in for 2 days next week to fix it.

The new-look Sensus appears to be an improvement although I only looked at it briefly on the journey home. One thing I did notice is that the Close button has been removed from the 360 camera view. Seems a strange omission. Others have commented that they lost some or all their personal settings after the 2.0 update but all mine seem to be as before except that TA was enabled, something I always have switched off as I find the constant interrupts annoying.

tem Oct 12th, 2017 21:06

Your Sensus 2 update?
Does this now give you what some called, away back, the Pilots Check list?
I understood this had been withdrawn, because of problems.

tem.

Milliner Oct 12th, 2017 22:48

Mine too coincidently. Looks like you had a few more issues than me.

However, mines going back in for new modified rear disks. It’s a solution to the creaky auto handbrake issue I had.

No Sensus 2 though, as I discovered after I got back in it. Its been twice now in recent weeks and both times I’ve dropped polite hints about it (not wanting to tell the guy his job). He seems reluctanct to acknowledge it which must mean a) its a bit ropey still, b) they can’t be a***d or, c) if the current one I have it ain’t broke.....

tem Oct 12th, 2017 23:16

When I got the May update done in the middle of June, I asked about the Sensus 2 update.
The Service Manager told me, that this update had been withdrawn, because of problems with matching the grafics to the MY18 cars.

I now wonder if they have solved the problem, as Lexman8 has just stated that his MY17 has been updated?
I had my first service carried out on the 3rd October and was not updated to Sensus 2.

tem.

Ctpurley Oct 13th, 2017 00:12

Hi,

Did it screw up your CarPlay by any chance? Had the same 1 year service and sensus upgrade this week and mine no longer works now.

KNVXC90 Oct 13th, 2017 00:24

What is the "Water-in-doors issue" issue? Not heard of it.

Milliner Oct 13th, 2017 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2326905)
When I got the May update done in the middle of June, I asked about the Sensus 2 update.
The Service Manager told me, that this update had been withdrawn, because of problems with matching the grafics to the MY18 cars.

I now wonder if they have solved the problem, as Lexman8 has just stated that his MY17 has been updated?
I had my first service carried out on the 3rd October and was not updated to Sensus 2.

tem.

Seems very hit and miss and a bit of a farce really. I guess they’re banking on the fact that most people don’t know or don’t care about the updated software.

familymangreg Oct 13th, 2017 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milliner (Post 2326942)
Seems very hit and miss and a bit of a farce really. I guess they’re banking on the fact that most people don’t know or don’t care about the updated software.

So my car went in for an insurance repair (will update cracked panoramic roof thread shortly) last Friday. The service department told me that while the car was in they were also going to do a couple of recall jobs, namely the EGR and PowerPulse hose. I questioned them on a software update and they assured me that they always update car software as a matter of course whenever they see a vehicle in the workshop. Great I thought, so I won't labour the point about wanting the latest version of Sensus like I had planned to.

To my surprise, when the car was returned the new Sensus interface was not present. I emailed my contact in the service team who responded to say he couldn't see any outstanding software on the car and that it had a total upgrade when it was in. I pressed the point (including a link to the new Sensus software announcement on the Volvo support site) and the issue was raised with the master tech. They came back a day or two later to let me know a 72 min (whatever that means, takes 72 minutes??!) upgrade was available for the car and we could make arrangements to drop the car in for the update.

So my guess is that a standard software update procedure patches existing modules within the cars current major software version. And a different (non essential) procedure is required to upgrade to a newer Sensus version.

:wq

familymangreg Oct 13th, 2017 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2326851)
  • replaced EGR bracket
  • replaced PowerPulse hose

Lexman, have you noticed any 'hissing' under moderate or hard acceleration since these jobs? I had both done last Friday, and a day or two back while driving in the car with media off, both my wife and I independently picked up on a slight hiss or swish sound for a second or two when accelerating. The sound appears to be coming from further back than the engine compartment, sort of in the transmission tunnel area. I'm wondering if its something to do with the EGR bracket replacement.

I've had the PP pipe replaced previously after noticing I could here the pump when the car was started at idle and a hissing sound from the engine compartment after the engine stopped, so not so sure why they did this recall. Perhaps its a replacement part now rather than an repair or replacement of the same part previously. Anyway, having experienced PP pipe issues, this hissing doesn't seem to come from the same area or exude quite the same symptoms, hence me wondering if its to do with the EGR bracket.

:wq

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2017 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2326858)
Your Sensus 2 update?
Does this now give you what some called, away back, the Pilots Check list?
I understood this had been withdrawn, because of problems.

There's no Pilot's Check List on startup unfortunately. The dealer said the car had a major software update which included Sensus and other modules. I think the car now has Sensus 2 but minus the checklist which, as you say, appears to have been withdrawn.

On my brief use of it so far I'd say it's faster with, for example, the map on the driver's display appearing more quickly. Even Spotify seemed to load and connect a bit quicker.

There's rumour of another Sensus update soon so perhaps that'll bring the checklist back.