Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   XC60 R Design Lux NAV 2.0 D4 FWD AUTO 8 SPEED - Massive Spec (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270835)

Considered1 Jul 25th, 2017 20:41

XC60 R Design Lux NAV 2.0 D4 FWD AUTO 8 SPEED - Massive Spec

5 Attachment(s)
http://i.imgur.com/A5Dd99K.jpg?1

XC60 R Design Lux NAV 2.0 D4 FWD AUTO 8 SPEED - Massive Spec

Dear forum folks, I'm doing the supercar thing before I hit 50 and I can't afford to keep the Volvo as well but I'd like to buy it back one day.

I'm offering for sale my treasured XC60 R Design Lux Nav Auto in Saville Grey
I've owned it since new and it turned 3 in May so Full MOT with no advisories. Volvo Extended Warranty till May 2018 (you can extend a further 3 years)
Main dealer transferable service plan for the next two services in 2018 & 2019

Literally nothing to do so I refuse to give it to the dealers to mark it up by 4-6K
just turned 45,000 miles today in regular use so grab it while you can.

Had the final EGR Fix last year, all paperwork and documents available for inspection. Plate not included but open to offers but you can see what my original plan was but i'm not wasting money on another new car. Used RS6 in my sights so need the cash for running costs etc.

its the latest 8 speed silky smooth gearbox as in the new 60/90 models and to be fair its the same VEA engine which they've got a bit more power out of but with less economy. Has Nokian Weatherproof tyres fitted so not needed 4 wheel drive but I'll throw in the snow socks just in case. - used once before I put these tyres on.

Driver Support Pack
Winter illumination Pack
Volvo On Call with App and sim card slot for wifi hotspot in the car
Privacy Glass
Front & Rear Park assist and Camera
Gear Shift paddles
Volvo Dog Guard and Load Liner

see pdf for full spec, first to see will buy, there are no cars cheaper on Selekt or Autotrader for this spec.

Considered1 Jul 26th, 2017 20:52

Link to Autotrader listing, which has a few more photographs..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01707267742298

thanks for looking

Considered1 Jul 29th, 2017 22:58

Just to clarify the car has Full Volvo Main dealer service history and last service was May 2017.

Next two services are covered free as balance of the original 5 yr plan that I took at the time of purchase.

May 2018 & May 2019
First service to actually pay for will be 2020.!

That's 3 years reduced cost motoring. Brake fluid was changed at yr2 as per Volvo's recommendation.

Considered1 Aug 4th, 2017 17:58

1 Attachment(s)
Quick update folks, price reduced to £21,500 on Autotrader last week but the RS6 I was after has been sold. So I've booked it in for Polestar Upgrade next week and due to complete lack of interest from anyone I guess I'll be keeping for a while at least. There are hundreds out there, lot of basic models but maybe at 20k+ folks need finance, which I can't offer.

Might be a good opportunity to turn this thread into a buyers guide for XC60 and i'll start with what I was looking for 3 years ago when I ended up with a new car.

It was because I couldnt find any with the options I wanted and my criteria has always been the same and I would do it again in a heartbeat but would be interested to see how others value options. Clearly dealers dont!

Option (Price New) What I would pay
8 Speed Geartronic (£1,550) £1,000 **
Volo On Call (£ 450) £ 500 **
Driver Suppor Pack (£1,900) £1,000 **
Front Park Assist (£ 325) £ 200 **
Privacy Glass Rear (£ 350) £ 250 **
Rear Camera (£ 375) £ 200
Winter Pack (£ 675) £ 300

** are my must have's

The Option i'd value the least would be

DVD Players £1,065 £ nil - kids want internet now!

And the car I would always walk away from

Beige Leather £whatever £ nil -makes me feel ill!

Not wishing to cause offence to anyone, we're all different but interested to know what folks value, what are the must haves and what is a complete no no!

Finally a picture, Volvo On-Call on Apple Watch, comes in handy...

olly Aug 4th, 2017 23:24

.....as you already know I would really like a sunroof. I think they brighten up the interior nicely and great to have open when it's sunny but not too hot day.

My current car (Merc CLK) has a cream coloured interior which I personally think looks quite nice - though it's getting grubby. Most other interiors I've seen in other makes they same to have picked exactly the wrong shade of beige so I'm with you on that.

Of all the factors, interest in your car is probably most influenced by its price.

As I said on my thread in the wanted section - I've seen higher spec cars with 10k less miles only a few months older for £19K.

I personally don't think I'm going to need to pay a vast amount more for all the options you've listed and a sunroof. Perhaps a grand or a bit more over what a base SE Lux / R-Design spec will fetch.

MikeIOW Aug 5th, 2017 09:58

There are very few options that add significant value (£££) to a vehicle, I suspect.
& that has pretty well always been the case.
What those options should do is make that car more desirable to purchase over the one without those options.

I imagine I will be in the same boat when we decide on a change: Stormy had over £6K of options added....I doubt I will see much of that on changeover.....but the key is I chose them for *me* to enjoy (& I love them....even the daft 'clip the kids ears' folding headrest button has amused us a few times and is handy to clear that rear view!).
Even things like DSP - an expensive option - most people won't know the benefit and pleasure of having those features. To me, adaptive cruise is now on my "must have" list for any future car....but a secondhand purchaser of my car is unlikely to appreciate that enough for it to make a difference, sadly!

Once private sales are over £10-15K that is also a barrier to many on the finance, as you said above: that is where part-ex may be the best option.

olly Aug 5th, 2017 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeIOW (Post 2305336)
Once private sales are over £10-15K that is also a barrier to many on the finance, as you said above: that is where part-ex may be the best option.

There are plenty of folk out there (myself included) who don't need finance so please don't let that dissuade anyone from putting an advert up.

I have to admit, I was very surprised that the D4 I missed was being sold to fund the purchase of brand new XC90. You'd think on a £55 or £60K new car squeezing an extra grand out of their current vehicle is neither here nor there vs the convenience.

My guess is a dealer would offer around £17.5K trade in on the car in question here and maybe try for lower for just a straight sale.

Considered1 Aug 6th, 2017 00:16

I'd be interested to know what model and spec this 19k car was, and I'm sure the dealers have more to play with when you are buying a brand new car..

olly Aug 6th, 2017 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Considered1 (Post 2305624)
I'd be interested to know what model and spec this 19k car was, and I'm sure the dealers have more to play with when you are buying a brand new car..

The car I missed out was KP64 JYH a D4 8 speed auto registered end of October 2014, 36K on the clock, Dark blue, SE Lux. I don't believe it had Volvo on call but I think it had the rest of the spec you listed + sunroof + rear headrest DVD + adaptive cruise + detachable towbar (unused) + dog guard.

I think they put it on AutoTrader for £21950 stating offers considered in the blurb. I had a good chat with them on the phone and arranged to view it then had a change of heart and cancelled saying I didn't really want to spend more than £18k to which the reply was the lowest they'd go was £19k (£3k less than advertised!)

Stupidly I didn't go and look, even though it was only a 20 minute drive away. Not long after they reduced the price to £19800 (offers considered) on Autotrader and shortly after it went - I can see I'm going to regret that for quite some time.

Considered1 Aug 6th, 2017 14:02

Sounds like a good deal.

on the road prices MY15 pricelist gives a £1200 premium to the RDesign Lux Nav over an SE lux Nav but they both come well spec'd in most folks opinion.

Visually other than the RDesign styling you get some better wheels, crucially for me the sport seats were a different class but that again puts them apart. A lot will prefer the softer ride of the SE.

With the mileage difference I wasn't expecting offers above £20k and I'm still unsure what price to put on a warranty plus two years free servicing, oh and the EGR fix!.. makes the decision to keep it much easier when there is nothing to do to it..I'll get the polestar upgrade on Tuesday, see if the front pads need changing yet (amazed how long they have lasted) and get another two Nokian All seasons on before winter.

olly Aug 7th, 2017 09:59

I wish they did R Design with the option of removing the "sports" suspension. I think quite a few people would have chosen that. I really like the R Design seats but I'm told the difference in ride due to the suspension is quite significant I'd I'd like to do all I can so as not to feel the potholes.

Wheels are again down to personal preference. I'm not a huge fan of diamond cut styles since as soon as they're damaged there's not much you can do to save them except go for a solid colour. The lacquer never seems to last on a refurbishment and it's more expensive to do. Having said that - the 20 inch wheels on the D5 on Piston Heads do look pretty cool :) That seems quite a fair price for a car from a dealer. I've kind of got my heart set on a 2 litre 8 speed though for the economy and smoothness without too much drop in performance.

Your warranty and servicing, in my opinion, absolutely do add to the value and I'd have no problem paying a bit more - £300 maybe.

MikeIOW Aug 7th, 2017 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by olly (Post 2305631)
<snip> but I think it had the rest of the spec you listed + sunroof + rear headrest DVD + adaptive cruise + detachable towbar (unused) + dog guard.

You mention adaptive cruise - that is part of the driver support pack, which I think IS on Considered1's car (& most excellent it is too!)

andrewpain Aug 8th, 2017 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Considered1 (Post 2305735)
Sounds like a good deal.

on the road prices MY15 pricelist gives a £1200 premium to the RDesign Lux Nav over an SE lux Nav but they both come well spec'd in most folks opinion.

Visually other than the RDesign styling you get some better wheels, crucially for me the sport seats were a different class but that again puts them apart. A lot will prefer the softer ride of the SE.

With the mileage difference I wasn't expecting offers above £20k and I'm still unsure what price to put on a warranty plus two years free servicing, oh and the EGR fix!.. makes the decision to keep it much easier when there is nothing to do to it..I'll get the polestar upgrade on Tuesday, see if the front pads need changing yet (amazed how long they have lasted) and get another two Nokian All seasons on before winter.

interested to know what you think of the Polestar upgrade...I'd be attracted to it but think £800+ is a lot. Have seen some offering it for £700 or less, but not near me. Seems dealers here stick to the £835 list.

Considered1 Aug 8th, 2017 19:41

Just had it done this afternoon, defo worth it on the auto box just seems as it should be now, you can plant your foot to the floor and it just goes!

Although it was chucking it down on the way back, not been able to break traction (although only very briefly with the all-seasons tyres) in 2nd and 3rd before! the Fun is there when you want it.!..

I paid just less than £720 inc vat. Excellent service as ever from the boys at Mill Volvo Service, Knaresborough... ask around nicely and you should get it for around this price including Elk who advertise on here, although I suppose they just put you in touch with a dealer?

Great news on the front pads, still only 60% worn at 46,000 miles so a good amount of miles left in those, even with my lad ont he insurance now!

andrewpain Aug 8th, 2017 20:40

so you're still grinning then?
my insurer, Quote me Happy, won't cover me, but LV= will, and it'll cost me about £40 over the un-modded price, QMH were £40 less when I insured in march, so it's about £80 a year extra for the upgrade. Have to tell them.....
glad you're pleased. Enjoy it:-)

Considered1 Aug 10th, 2017 15:12

Direct Line Insurance

Just incase anyone doesnt want to read the rest of this
I AM STILL OPEN TO OFFERS - NOW WITH POLESTAR UPGRADE!

The bad news, Direct Line, currently (subject to complaint) will not insure my 21 year old son to drive the Volvo after informing them of the Polestar optimisation.
Despite going through various tele operators who have spoken to the underwriters and NO is the answer. No HP increases until you are 25!

Lets remember this Polestar optimisation is purely a software upgrade/download and takes it from 181 hp to 200hp. 0-100km is 0.1 sec's quicker - exactly!

So why then do direct line already insure my son to drive his own 330 Ci Sport with 231 hp and is way quicker than this volvo could ever dream of being.. ah its a lower value car, which it is.

Ok get this then, why if i change my car to an Audi RS6 that is worth more than my car, but has 560hp and 0-60 in 4.5 seconds or whatever it is would they happily take the change to the policy and want just £204.96 till next June renewal! - absolutely ridiculous. I have informed them that a later model D4 is now 190 and the new D5 XC90's etc that have the same 2.0 Deisel engine with over 200 hp, all fine to buy!

If I volunteer that any car is modified in anyway they decline for a 21 year old but if it is a stock car then its fine and its peanuts to insure.

I have various theories about insurance companies but dont want to waste anymore of good peoples time but value your thoughts and experiences and of course offers as I'm going to have a problem moving his uni stuff around without him driving an estate, and I really dont want to cancel the multicar policy and move elsewhere mid term..

Copperbottom01 Aug 10th, 2017 17:12

Interesting to read Knaresborough Mill Volvo impressed. I am based in Harrogate and will soon be calling in to see if my MY2011 XC60 D3 Drive FWD can be Polestar upgraded.

Crockers Aug 10th, 2017 20:57

NFU peanuts extra.

olly Aug 11th, 2017 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Considered1 (Post 2307090)
Just incase anyone doesnt want to read the rest of this
I AM STILL OPEN TO OFFERS - NOW WITH POLESTAR UPGRADE!

...I'm still looking :) ....and would mellow on the sunroof requirement.

Do you have another car you can use so that you're in a position to sell now?

I can make you a much lower offer than what you're asking (but higher than you'd get from a dealer or webuyanycar) and it's going to smart a bit, especially as to me the Polestar upgrade doesn't add to the value.

I guess it depends on what you want to hold out for and your motivation for selling now the RS6 has gone.

Considered1 Aug 11th, 2017 10:06

Hi Olly, I appreciate your interest but I dont think my car has the features you desire or value and wont be going for Auction prices, I have another car and I find educating dealers a challenge but they are learning they can make money on stuff they take the time to research.

Cars come up all the time for me, looking at one this week, so I'm open to all offers by PM. I am not starting a Dutch Auction here. If you dont have sufficient posts to PM then use the autotrader link while its there. I would suggest you try a few vehicles and establish what you really want/dislike/value etc. This is not a basic R Design. Post away and ask the questions you are now starting to ask and we will help you find a vehicle that you are happy with.. best wishes

Considered1 Aug 13th, 2017 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperbottom01 (Post 2307124)
Interesting to read Knaresborough Mill Volvo impressed. I am based in Harrogate and will soon be calling in to see if my MY2011 XC60 D3 Drive FWD can be Polestar upgraded.

Speak to Kevin or Mike on the service desk and they will get their Tech guy to find out. I had an email very quickly from Andy Bedser who confirmed the price of £716.82 - i did need to produce this email at the time of purchase so make sure you get the best price in writing.

Considered1 Aug 13th, 2017 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewpain (Post 2306517)
so you're still grinning then?

Not had the car out much this week but Mrs C1 remarked how smoothly it passed two cars instead of the usual one!

Short local run on Saturday def saw an improvement in mpg 43 on the way and 50 on the way back, including overtakes!

Copperbottom01 Aug 14th, 2017 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Considered1 (Post 2308136)
Speak to Kevin or Mike on the service desk and they will get their Tech guy to find out. I had an email very quickly from Andy Bedser who confirmed the price of £716.82 - i did need to produce this email at the time of purchase so make sure you get the best price in writing.

Many thanks for that, will do. Best Nick.

Copperbottom01 Aug 15th, 2017 11:59

Mill Volvo Harrogate has confirmed Polestar is not available for my D3.

Considered1 Aug 15th, 2017 22:23

Shame, can you get it chipped with one of these other tuning jobbies?

Copperbottom01 Aug 16th, 2017 12:55

Yep, considering it. Shark Performance has had a mention here and a map promising 163-235 bhp is quoted at £399. Got me thinking for sure!

Considered1 Aug 16th, 2017 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperbottom01 (Post 2309163)
Yep, considering it. Shark Performance has had a mention here and a map promising 163-235 bhp is quoted at £399. Got me thinking for sure!

I wouldnt need to think about that one buddy, go for it!!

Copperbottom01 Aug 16th, 2017 14:09

Yup ~ have sent an enquiry. The website looks good, seem capable. Will see how it goes...

mookie Aug 18th, 2017 13:11

I would be interested if you go ahead with the remap on the D3 as I have the same car and contemplated it in the past.

Copperbottom01 Aug 22nd, 2017 12:38

Yes sure, will feedback with an update when/if I make progress.

Considered1 Aug 24th, 2017 11:57

From XC60 to RS6 - No Messing around!

So after some searching and wasting time with mainly Southern dealers we finaly found our dream car in the North.

I'd actually called it all off but took one last chance with the guys at CarSynergy in Wakefield and got a great deal, what a revelation, actually dealing with folks with a passion for customer service.

Had the car inspected and its a gem! Well we think so anyway

Thought I'd be sad to loose the Volvo but currently still grinning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAcpngwADk

SuffolkBoy Aug 24th, 2017 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Considered1 (Post 2311857)
So after some searching and wasting time with mainly Southern dealers we finaly found our dream car in the North.

I'd actually called it all off but took one last chance with the guys at CarSynergy in Wakefield and got a great deal, what a revelation, actually dealing with folks with a passion for customer service.

Had the car inspected and its a gem! Well we think so anyway

Thought I'd be sad to loose the Volvo but currently still grinning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAcpngwADk

Enjoy your new motor - good luck:thumbs_up:

Copperbottom01 Aug 24th, 2017 18:29

What a stunner. Love the colour. Looks mint for 59k miles. Enjoy!

Considered1 Aug 24th, 2017 19:22

Cheers Guys, it has been well looked after, I actually thought the bonnet had been scratched until the guy pointed out id found a join in the protective wrap covering the bonnet, wings and front bumper.. Everything is electric, even the steering column adjustment moves as you get in!... and of course 572bhp!

Considered1 Aug 24th, 2017 19:25

Cheers Guys, it has been well looked after, I actually thought the bonnet had been scratched until the guy pointed out id found a join in the protective wrap covering the bonnet, wings and front bumper..there's also a Gtechniq sticker in the window... Everything is electric, even the steering column adjustment moves as you get in!... and of course 572bhp!

Considered1 Aug 24th, 2017 22:37

I've just found a receipt for a full Multi Stage Machine Polish
Supply & Fit 3m VentureShield Plain Protection Full Bonnet, Full Bumper, Headlights, Mirror Caps, tops of wings and top of rear bumper! inc 5yr Gtee

Coating rest in Gtechnic C1 Quartz
Full clean and protection of front leather seats with L1
Treatment of all alloys C5 Wheel Armour

£1,400!