Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   "Ireland Meet" need to put names to faces so please sign up (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=29605)

brens-s80 Jan 1st, 2007 18:06

"Ireland Meet" need to put names to faces so please sign up

hi all ,

I'am planning a Meet on either the 28-Jan or 4-Feb. The location will be dependant on where members are coming from ( I'll try to centralise it a bit to be fair ). It will be an informal car-park meet and then we can grab a spot of lunch and discuss how we progress as a section in Ireland.

Please let me know what date suits so that we can plan for getting the most attenee's there. I'll speak to my Volvo dealer ( Tom Canavan) to see if they could sponsor an item for the meet.

This is not limited to VOC members but anyone who owns a Volvo are more than welcome. If you know of a neighbour who has a Volvo please let them know about the dates .

I looking forward to hearing from you all.

regards

brendan

ivor940 Jan 2nd, 2007 09:39

Hi Brendan,
Either date would suit.

ivor940

lushman Jan 2nd, 2007 11:41

Brendan, Either date would also suit me.
Ps You have a very informative website. Good work!

Paul

Ben O Brien Jan 2nd, 2007 11:45

lovely we can all get a look at a v70R!

Got your message last night brendan - fell asleep watching a film! Better start cleaning the 960 its barely been used since i bought it!

brens-s80 Jan 3rd, 2007 12:13

hi all ,

hi all,

from the replies received every one seems fairly flexiable so I have opted fot the 4-feb. So far we are nearly covering the 4 corners of Ireland ( limerick, Northern Ireland , midlands and Dublin). What I would like is to try and pick a fairly central location for the meet so if "lushman" could let me know where he hails from I will start putting it together.

look forward to seeing you all on the day.

brendan.

ps . ben will your mate with the T5 be able to make it ?

lushman Jan 3rd, 2007 12:36

Hi All, I will be travelling from Belfast that morning. I have to be honest I only know how to get to Dublin ( I have relatives in Bray) and I have been to Mayo a few times. Other than that I will be relying on someones mobile number if I get a bit of the beaten track enroute!

Paul

ivor940 Jan 3rd, 2007 14:18

Hi Paul, If it is of any help, I live not far from the M1 near Swords, Co Dublin. You could meet me near M1 and go on from there.

ivor940

johnmorl Jan 3rd, 2007 14:56

4th Feb is fine for me. I live in Dublin and don't mind a couple of hours travel.

Thanks for setting this up.

Ben O Brien Jan 3rd, 2007 15:27

Brendan, Liam wrote it off about a month ago so he wont be there. to say i was sickened is an understatement! I will be getting it back though and probably reshelling it.

brens-s80 Jan 8th, 2007 12:23

date and location finalised

Hi all,

Just to let you know that the Volvo's Owners meet will be held on the 4-Feb in the Bloomfield Hotel, Mullingar. Drivers should aim to be there for approx 12.00 and the hotel have agreed to cordon off an area in the carpark for the cars. There is a provisional booking for 8 for lunch so if you are interested please let me know.

Photo's will be taken and an article written up for the VOC Magazine so if a little tyding is needed go for it ( its NOT a concourse event ;-D )

look forward to seeing as many Volvo's there as possible.

regards

Brendan