Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Check light illuminated (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=254047)

squiddley Jul 31st, 2016 19:07

Check light illuminated

The check light has illuminated on my wife's V40 D2 ,car has covered 12000 miles and its a 2015 model (2 lt engine), came on late friday night, ringing dealer tomorrow.

Just wondering if any one else has had this problem,and is the car still ok to drive?

thanks in advance.

Rooster Aug 1st, 2016 23:04

Check the 100+ page thread in xc60 section,

Should tell you more than you need to know

squiddley Aug 6th, 2016 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 2148674)
Check the 100+ page thread in xc60 section,

Should tell you more than you need to know

thank you.

exmpa Aug 6th, 2016 14:13

Had the Check Light come on my 2016 D2 yesterday; 5 months and 4000 miles. Took it into the dealer this morning and the fault code indicated an O2 sensor. Sensor cleaned and seems OK, shall monitor.

Exmpa

exmpa Oct 19th, 2016 15:43

Engine Management Light Again

The EML came on again today. Same as last time, no other symptoms or unusual circumstances. Booked into dealer next Monday for investigation. During discussion about the possible fault, an O2 sensor malfunction was described as "not uncommon".

exmpa

exmpa Oct 24th, 2016 21:24

O2 sensor cleaned again and fault subject of technical report to Volvo who are seeking a long term fix for the issue. Will have to go back when they have solved the problem. At least I got the fuel filter changed as apparently there is a recall for this item

exmpa

exmpa Feb 20th, 2017 21:07

Engine check light on again for the 3rd time in less than 12 months. Booked into the dealer in Friday. They have said that they will change the EGR flap this time.

Exmpa

Oldlaw16 Mar 11th, 2017 10:03

What was the conclusion of this? My car eml came on last week and they changed the fuel filter, under recall, but was told I had to get the egr valve replaced. Another trip to the garage. Seems to be a common design/ mechanical fault going by the amount of correspondence on various websites.

exmpa Mar 11th, 2017 17:10

EGR flap was replaced and the O2 sensor. The issue is condensation that causes a buildup of residue. I presume that the new parts are modified to prevent this occurring but the dealership was somewhat reticent on this point! Anyway it is approximately 4 months between occurrences so I shall see what happens in June /July.

Exmpa

squiddley Apr 13th, 2017 17:38

Started this thread off couple of months ago with the issues to my wife car...

Well I have the same car, had one issue in the last year, clutch slave cylinder.

Anyway car got repaired. Then came its first service at 18000 miles.

Picked car up after service, no problem... Then next day discovered the fan would not work, rang dealer, took car back in, only to be told fan had failed.

They had the car for a couple of days and replaced the fan.

Since the service which was 5 weeks ago I have been back to the dealer on a number of occasions with regards to the emission fault light coming on which they have eventually changed today was the EGR valve, I went to pick up the car and was told there is problem with the air conditioning, when the car was serviced 4 weeks ago the AC was fine showing a temp of 5 degrees at max cold, today the temperature is now 13.5 degrees max cold, they now want the car back yet again to diagnose it to which I have to pay for the gassing I have told them in no uncertain terms F*** O **, they have had enough money out of me as I have bought TWO brand new cars from them in the last 12 months

I have told them that I no longer want the car because of these on going issues, since coming home I have rang the dealer and spoken to the salesman who sold me the cars to be told by him that he has been told by his manager to not get involved any more......... any advise would be most welcome on this matter