Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Unusual 850 options (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=54501)

st5ve Feb 29th, 2008 00:37

Unusual 850 options

Today whilst at Rider my local main Volvo stealer I had a look at their accessory book for my 850, was very surprised what they do. Kevlar spark plug cover, sports suspension for the T5 and the AWD that just looked the dogs bits, cost £1200 for the front two pipes came out the top of the suspension then to a cylindrical shaped device that had a gauge on it, I assume they might be adjustable but the picture looked sweet, each side had one of these cylindrical containers each with a gauge and connected to the strut brace. They also did rear sport shocks for the T5, did not say if it lowered it or anything like that but £2000 for the complete kit is a tad expensive. Anyone seen or heard of this setup?

They also did a very nice estate/station wagon rear spoiler with brake light for just over £200 that was including VOC discount. Looked at the V70 door handles for fitting to the T5 cost is £41 per handle, does anyone know if you can use the same barrels or do you have to buy new ones?

One thing I did see what was very interesting was Volvo do a dog cage for saloons, you fold down one side of the rear seat and the dog cage fits in the back. Just thought I would mention it as I have seen a few people selling saloons because they cant fit the dog in safely, well now you can!

dooby Feb 29th, 2008 02:57

Hiya,

to fit V70 handles (at least 2nd hand ones) you have to adjust the barrel which came with the donor handle. So, buy new one (singular) if you're not going 2nd hand.

HTH, Pete

bb54 Feb 29th, 2008 10:30

hi mate, 2 grand for sports suspension on a T5 he he, there arnt too many 850's worth 2 grand.
the dog cage for a saloon is a good idea, but my hound would be most upset if he couldnt sit on the heated passenger seat watching the world go by.

wayne

st5ve Feb 29th, 2008 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb54 (Post 377672)
hi mate, 2 grand for sports suspension on a T5 he he, there arnt too many 850's worth 2 grand.
the dog cage for a saloon is a good idea, but my hound would be most upset if he couldnt sit on the heated passenger seat watching the world go by.

wayne

£2k is a load of money to spend on sport suspension especialy on a car that is as old as the 850 series. It is something I have never seen before or even heard of, just wondered if anyone has seen it or even put it on their car.

My hound thinks its royalty in the back, for starter she will only put her front paws into the boot you then have to lift her the rest of the way in and she is no lightweight! She then sits in the back with her nose in the air so funny to see.