Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

osbourne one-nil Feb 7th, 2013 14:48

Ordered a driver's-side rear lamp cluster yesterday morning, just had it delivered safe and sound. Perfect! Thank you.

Nigetill Feb 13th, 2013 17:48

Just ordered a 13 pin harness and trailer module for my new wesfalia detatchable towbar from FRF Swansea.
Next day delivery, couldn be more helpful and the money i saved is enough to get the software download done so the job will be done properly.
Thank you for the help guys.

tt82 Feb 20th, 2013 15:59

Recieved my new bulbs from Simon and his boys yesterday. Fantastic service once again.

volvo always Mar 11th, 2013 14:44

Hi Rufe/FRF.

I emailed you just and got an instant email back to say we can no longer take emails from my Email Address and for me too call you for an instant quote. Why is this?

I find it much easier to just quote a reference number to order and be able to view at a glance the individual items cost beforehand, rather than trying to decide which to buy while on the phone to you.

James:thumbs_up:

JamesV70R Mar 11th, 2013 16:07

The following post is linked to from Simon's post, this should answer your questions.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...&postcount=368

HTH,

James

Jack_of_all Mar 19th, 2013 08:43

top service from these guys. very helpful on the phone. Ordered my towbar wiring harness through them for a great price, and even gave me details on the software i "might" need when it was plugged in.

By the way the 2013 modulal/wiring kit wont function without a volvo download....took my local dealer 10 minutes to install and test.

Rufe Mar 19th, 2013 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo always (Post 1371588)
Hi Rufe/FRF.

I emailed you just and got an instant email back to say we can no longer take emails from my Email Address and for me too call you for an instant quote. Why is this?

I find it much easier to just quote a reference number to order and be able to view at a glance the individual items cost beforehand, rather than trying to decide which to buy while on the phone to you.

James:thumbs_up:

Hello James,

I can see you have been shown the link to my post about this.

We still give no obligation reference numbers for people to have a think about our prices and we certainly never put anyone under any pressure to make any purchase when on the phone. We offer everyone a 5 digit reference number (in the same way as before) and you can then simply call us back when ready to proceed with your order.

Many thanks to everyone for your continued support and feedback. Our mail order sales are currently going stronger than ever and for this we would like to thank each and every one of you who have used us in the past.

All the very best,

Simon :)

TruckbusUK Mar 19th, 2013 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_of_all (Post 1377281)
By the way the 2013 modulal/wiring kit wont function without a volvo download....took my local dealer 10 minutes to install and test.

So whats the download for? ... the trailer module was PnP the download used to be to disable the rear fog light when the trailer electrics were attached (optional requirement) ?

Jack_of_all Mar 19th, 2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruckbusUK (Post 1377335)
So whats the download for? ... the trailer module was PnP the download used to be to disable the rear fog light when the trailer electrics were attached (optional requirement) ?

on my 09 XC60 it was pnp, although i used an aftermarket kit on that

But just got new 2013 xc60, and it wasnt pnp. all it did was flash the indicators when you touched the brake. so it needed a full download to activate. Apprently it also works with caravans with LED lights too.

jamies volvo Mar 19th, 2013 18:12

Recently tried FRF for some parts for my car,will definately be using them again.
Good price and service,highly recommended,thanks,Jamie