Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   V70 lambda sensor wiring - wiring diagram or advice please? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290717)

shezza250 Jan 16th, 2019 18:57

V70 lambda sensor wiring - wiring diagram or advice please?

Hi all,

Basically by being an idiot (drove down a track and grounded my vehicle) I've caught the lambda sensor cable (catalytic converter one) on a rock or something and ripped the cable out of it's connector to the wiring loom leaving no connectors on the lambda sensor wires & wiring loom. The result is a big mess of 8 wires of different colour & not knowing which to connect to which!

I'm now trying to work out which wires on the lambda sensor connect to which wires on the wiring loom (will solder and heat shrink once matched up correctly).

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2.4 petrol 2005 v70 (B5244S2) please? Or could you post a picture of the wires joining together from the cat lambda sensor to the loom on your car? Or does anyone have a wiring diagram for this please?

The wires are different colours on the lambda sensor to the wiring loom so not easy to work out which should go where and the connectors have been ripped off from the end of the lambda wire and the wiring loom connector.

I've looked at the other lambda sensor on the exhaust manifold and the wires on the lambda sensor are the same colour (blue, white, black & black) as the wires on the cat lambda sensor but the wires they connect into on the wiring loom are different colours for the cat sensor!!

Lambda sensor wires colours are:

Blue - I believe this to be a signal wire
White - I believe this to be the ground
Black - I believe this to be a heater wire
Black - I believe this to be a heater wire

The loom has the following wires I need to connect into:

Green - I believe to be ground? - I think should be paired with white on lambda wire?
Blue - Gives around 2.5v with engine running - Not sure what it does but think it should connect to one of the black heater wires possibly?
Green&Brown - This is thicker than the other 3 wires & gives around 14v with engine
running and believe this should attach to a heater wire (black)?
Brown - Gives around 2.3v with engine running & guess it should attach to the signal wire possibly?

Does anyone know if I'm right in my thinking of which wires connect to which? Or have any better ideas/guidance?

Thanks for your help!
Tom

VOLVOBOY Jan 17th, 2019 16:44

1 Attachment(s)
Hi.
Sorry . This is the only diagram I`ve got.
Probably not a lot of use.

Kattten Jan 18th, 2019 21:11

1 Attachment(s)
For my 5 cylinder non turbo s80 from 2002. This might help if cables are the same, set this up to measure the second lambda sensor. So this is a sort of adaptor between cars loom and second lambda sensor. So this is for the one after the catalytic converter. See attached image.

barrybritcher Jan 20th, 2019 09:07

sounds like you've cracked it by now. The 14V will deffo be the heated part

shezza250 Jan 31st, 2019 15:55

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately those diagrams & pictures don't add up with what I've got.

I've attached a picture with what I've done.

The EML still goes off after a few miles& states oxygen sensor issue which I know must be down to the wiring as I had no issues before I ripped the wire.

I've tried swapping the black wires over to see if that helps which it doesn't.

Any more ideas or photos of lambda wiring attaching to wiring harness please?

Cheers

shezza250 Jan 31st, 2019 16:00

Having looked at your setup again Kattten, do you think I need to swap the blue & white wires over?

I'm struggling to work out exactly what's going on in your diagram.

Cheers

Kattten Feb 9th, 2019 19:57

Hmm yea if we have the same kind of setup. Mine is for a S80 with 2.4l 5cylinder from 2002. Looks like mine has the blue and white the other way around :). Have you tried it?

shezza250 May 24th, 2019 22:29

Hi Katten,

I swapped the blue & white wires over (on the left side of connector block in photo) and hey presto it all works fine now! Cleared the EML code and it never came back.....

Will try to post a pic of the final wiring if I have time.

Thanks all for your help.