Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PV: Found in a warehouse:~ (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316396)

Bob Meadows Apr 27th, 2021 20:51

Found in a warehouse:~

1 Attachment(s)
My neighbors brother has found this model in a warehouse that they are clearing:~
Not a picture of the actual car but given to me for reference etc. I believe the car is being restored and has been media cleaned as a start.
I know little about this particular range but can pass on details if you wish-also give the forum details so he may start to send in some information?
Regards Bob.

old fart Apr 27th, 2021 22:31

Interesting.

Wagon Sailor Apr 27th, 2021 23:28

I'd love one of those.

Army Apr 28th, 2021 10:09

Duett based I assume.

I'm not Volvo savvy enough to know if that was a factory production model or not. May be someone else will know about Duett based pickup trucks?

Bob Meadows Apr 28th, 2021 10:44

The picture handed to me also says Volvo duett pickup and 1954/55.
Bob.

Derek UK Apr 28th, 2021 15:21

Many Duetts have been converted into pick-ups in Sweden. Commercial chassis were sold by Volvo so that coachbuilders could build their own rear sections. Cabs on those are shorter with less wide doors so that a pick-up bed could be longer for better carrying capacity. I have seen an English reg one of these but only once at a Volvo meet at Gaydon. Nice condition but I've not seen it pictured or mentioned since then. It was grey, cab and bed from memory. From North London/Herts? I likely have a picture, I will do some digging.
If John Crosskey reads this, please post if you have any info on this one.
I think all of the original Volvo chassis were as per the 445 and have the 2 piece split windscreen. Don't know if they carried on with them when they changed to a 1 piece screen.

See if you can get some pictures please.

old fart Apr 28th, 2021 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek UK (Post 2732480)
Many Duetts have been converted into pick-ups in Sweden. Commercial chassis were sold by Volvo so that coachbuilders could build their own rear sections. Cabs on those are shorter with less wide doors so that a pick-up bed could be longer for better carrying capacity. I have seen an English reg one of these but only once at a Volvo meet at Gaydon. Nice condition but I've not seen it pictured or mentioned since then. It was grey, cab and bed from memory. From North London/Herts? I likely have a picture, I will do some digging.
If John Crosskey reads this, please post if you have any info on this one.
I think all of the original Volvo chassis were as per the 445 and have the 2 piece split windscreen. Don't know if they carried on with them when they changed to a 1 piece screen.

See if you can get some pictures please.

They did change the design on the later trucks in line with the PVs and Duetts in '61, as in the photo above.

Ron Kwas Apr 28th, 2021 21:27

Forum;

It could be one of those Swedish two passenger "farm tractor" conversion vehicles, built by a 16 year old, which would enable him to take advantage of the rule that allowed him to drive...

Cheers

old fart Apr 28th, 2021 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by old fart (Post 2732521)
They did change the design on the later trucks in line with the PVs and Duetts in '61, as in the photo above.

Wrong! They changed in 1957/8, and went to B18 in '61.

grumpydad Apr 28th, 2021 23:54

Hi Bob Meadows I have sent you a PM