Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Pop-Up Sat-Nav (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=70131)

SVLR Apr 8th, 2009 11:38

Pop-Up Sat-Nav

I am looking for the pop-up actuator part for the XC90 built-in sat-nav. It doesn't matter if the actual screen is faulty as I am looking to adapt it to pop-up a Panasonic screen which is the same size.
I already have the plastic mounting plate and the finishing trim and if I cannot get the pop-up motor unit I will have to fit the screen as a permanant fixture.
Andy.T

elliott2 Apr 8th, 2009 19:07

Hi Andy, I think I can help you here, I will let you know in the next couple of days. Peter

pborlace Apr 21st, 2009 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVLR (Post 489506)
I am looking for the pop-up actuator part for the XC90 built-in sat-nav. It doesn't matter if the actual screen is faulty as I am looking to adapt it to pop-up a Panasonic screen which is the same size.
I already have the plastic mounting plate and the finishing trim and if I cannot get the pop-up motor unit I will have to fit the screen as a permanant fixture.
Andy.T

Hi,

Just wondering how you are getting on with this as I want to try the same thing. Have you worked out the wiring to make the screen pop up yet? Are you planning to connect to a car PC like I'm planning?

Thanks
Peter

SVLR Apr 23rd, 2009 12:54

Peter (pborlace),
As far as the pop-up bit is concerned not too well. Peter (elliott2) has offered a full system and, although in itself it looks like a good deal, it was not quite what I was looking for.
I have settled for a 2mm fixed alloy plate at the moment which looks quite smart but needs to be hidden when parking in some areas. I have the dimensions for the fixed plate if anyone needs them.
I will keep trying the scrap yards but the volvo price for the spare part is over £1000 so I don't hold out too much hope.
Andy.T.

pborlace Apr 27th, 2009 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVLR (Post 496314)
Peter (pborlace),
As far as the pop-up bit is concerned not too well. Peter (elliott2) has offered a full system and, although in itself it looks like a good deal, it was not quite what I was looking for.
I have settled for a 2mm fixed alloy plate at the moment which looks quite smart but needs to be hidden when parking in some areas. I have the dimensions for the fixed plate if anyone needs them.
I will keep trying the scrap yards but the volvo price for the spare part is over £1000 so I don't hold out too much hope.
Andy.T.

I've just received today the screen and motorised assembly, bracket including smaller speaker and the grill. Only problem is the grill is the wrong colour, I need the beige one, this is black. I got it all through the partsgateway.co.uk and got two replies one was for the screen only and £180 and one from New City Volvo Parts at around £100.

Which model Panasonic screen are you using? I'm looking for one with VGA input.

Peter

Doug11 May 5th, 2009 07:50

Have you seen this ?

http://www.bicostereo.com/index.php?...productId=3106

elliott2 May 6th, 2009 22:39

screen

Hi Doug, that is the same product I can supply. Peter

paddy dougan May 11th, 2009 19:51

satnav drive init

Hi,
sorry to hijack this thread,
don't suppose anyone knows of a satnav drive unit 4 sale ???
cheers for any help,
Paddy

SVLR May 22nd, 2009 15:54

Pop-up continued...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pborlace (Post 498351)
I've just received today the screen and motorised assembly, bracket including smaller speaker and the grill. Only problem is the grill is the wrong colour, I need the beige one, this is black. I got it all through the partsgateway.co.uk and got two replies one was for the screen only and £180 and one from New City Volvo Parts at around £100.

Peter

Peter,
I have the Panasonic CY-VMR5800N and now sourced the pop-up unit from New City via partsgateway thanks to you :thumbs_up:. I have started to dismantle the pop-up unit and now need to design a circuit which detects the actuating motors stall point, switches off the power and reverses the polarity ready to retract the unit.I wonder if anyone has any circuit diagrams for either the Panasonic unit or the Volvo spec pop-up unit??
Andy.T.

jonnyspin Oct 29th, 2009 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by pborlace (Post 498351)

Peter

Is the nav itself a separate unit? or is it part of the screen as per a tomtom?