Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Tpms (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=299346)

Scotia64 Oct 9th, 2019 08:53

Tpms

another question for you guys, while towing our caravan yesterday down the M6 the TPMS light came on . I had increased the tyre pressure the day before to the required 39psi for towing. I checked the TPMS screen and all the tyres were amber. I just carried on as there was no way all four tyres were low.
I got in the car this morning and the TPMS symbol is still there but there’s now a very faint beep every 10 seconds or so . Are they both related?
I’ll check the tyre pressure latter once they have cooled down.

nu11eaf Oct 9th, 2019 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotia64 (Post 2561124)
another question for you guys, while towing our caravan yesterday down the M6 the TPMS light came on . I had increased the tyre pressure the day before to the required 39psi for towing. I checked the TPMS screen and all the tyres were amber. I just carried on as there was no way all four tyres were low.
I got in the car this morning and the TPMS symbol is still there but there’s now a very faint beep every 10 seconds or so . Are they both related?

I have had this happen to me once, after a motorway run at the eco setting, I am sure it was just the pressure increasing slightly over the TPMS trigger point due to tyres heating up, I had just had new tyres fitted and had set the tyre pressures to eco pressure just prior to that trip. It was a very hot day though.
I checked them at the end of that trip and they were ~42 psi, after adjusting the pressure when cold and recalibrating the TPMS all was well. I did not get a beeping noise though.

Clan Oct 9th, 2019 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotia64 (Post 2561124)

you should always recalibrate the TPM System when you alter the tyre pressures ...

Scotia64 Oct 9th, 2019 10:29

Checked the tyre pressures , all ok . Now I’ve told the car this is the correct pressure.
The beeping noise is my fault, I had left the TPMS for the Caravan switched on & it was that that was beeping for low battery warning.

nu11eaf Oct 9th, 2019 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2561151)
you should always recalibrate the TPM System when you alter the tyre pressures ...

I Agree, just to clarify, I did calibrate my TPMS after initially increasing pressure to eco setting before my trip, it was a blisteringly hot day.
My heart sank when the warning came on as I had just replaced both rear tyres after a rear tyre blowout, I thought it had happened again until I looked on sensus and seen all 4 tyres had warnings.

Scotia64 Oct 9th, 2019 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2561228)
I Agree, just to clarify, I did calibrate my TPMS after initially increasing pressure to eco setting before my trip, it was a blisteringly hot day.
My heart sank when the warning came on as I had just replaced both rear tyres after a rear tyre blowout, I thought it had happened again until I looked on sensus and seen all 4 tyres had warnings.

Same as me , the pressure wasn’t calibrated when I picked the car up , the fact I was towing for nearly 3 hours I thought I better increase the psi. I then calibrated the wheels.
In the cars defence I was trying out the different drive modes to see what suited best. The fact that all 4 wheels had a warning told me there was nothing wrong with the psi but it was the car acting up.

Clan Oct 9th, 2019 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2561228)

I see , so an unexplained mystery for now , it could be ok after the next software update ...

nu11eaf Oct 9th, 2019 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2561267)
I see , so an unexplained mystery for now , it could be ok after the next software update ...

It only happened once (during the height of summer) and has been fine since then after lowering the pressure and re-calibrating, I put it down to heat increasing the pressure. They were all a bit high.

gaby Oct 10th, 2019 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2561319)
It only happened once (during the height of summer) and has been fine since then after lowering the pressure and re-calibrating, I put it down to heat increasing the pressure. They were all a bit high.

Can iTPMS detect a problem if the pressure in all tyres is the same?
I inflate/deflate the tyres for local use and travel by 0.3 bar without alarm.

nu11eaf Oct 10th, 2019 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaby (Post 2561424)
Can iTPMS detect a problem if the pressure in all tyres is the same?
I inflate/deflate the tyres for local use and travel by 0.3 bar without alarm.

If the pressures rise above or below the calibrated setting yes.