Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Be aware of Ebay!!! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=144684)

ade555 Feb 2nd, 2012 14:53

Be aware of Ebay!!!

Hi

Just wanted to warn you of Ebay policy as seller, you have don't seem to have much rights after you sell your item, in my case buyer inform me that he don't have money to pay for item, so I open case to cancel transaction which he didn't accept so I could get my final value fee back from ebay then 20 days later he is sending me payment and and asking when he can pick up the item, so I told him where he can go, refunded the money and now ebay refusing to give fees back to me, bloody joke, then they informed me that the buyer can give my negative feedback if I choose not to sell the item, Ebay can see all conversation done and still telling me that I got to pay, so after few arguments with them on phone they willing to give me the money back as good will.

LordSVS Feb 2nd, 2012 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ade555 (Post 1084239)
Hi

Just wanted to warn you of Ebay policy as seller, you have don't seem to have much rights after you sell your item, in my case buyer inform me that he don't have money to pay for item, so I open case to cancel transaction which he didn't accept so I could get my final value fee back from ebay then 20 days later he is sending me payment and and asking when he can pick up the item, so I told him where he can go, refunded the money and now ebay refusing to give fees back to me, bloody joke, then they informed me that the buyer can give my negative feedback if I choose not to sell the item, Ebay can see all conversation done and still telling me that I got to pay, so after few arguments with them on phone they willing to give me the money back as good will.

Yes, eBay certainly do NOT care about it's sellers. They always will go in favour of the buyer in any disputes.

One of the reasons eBay isn't doing too well. A lot of pro sellers are going elsewhere.

Regards,

ade555 Feb 2nd, 2012 15:02

Is not just that, I go against someone who has been on ebay for few days lol, never had anyproblems until I meet this guy, what it upset me even more, that this w....... was bidding on something that he didn't have money to buy, and he told me that when the auction ended and inform me that he won't have money till 2nd feb so was stringing this out untill today. i told him 20 days ago that this item will be sold to someone else, what a t..... .

Laney760 Feb 2nd, 2012 15:08

I've just sold a rug on there and am about to post it and have just been looking into the fact that buyers who pay by Paypal via their credit cards can reverse their payments up to 120 days after payment. I seem to recall that when I set up a seller account way back in 2004 that I had the choice to refuse payments from credit cards, not sure if I do now?

A couple of years ago I sold a suitcase on there for less than £20. I was told by Ebay that as my item had been indentified as a risky item I had to wait twelve days after my buyer paid before I could have access to that payment, this is another wierd thing they do sometimes. Suitcase, less than £20, risky?? :speechless-smiley-8

As a seller I agree that they are very pro buyer but as a buyer what really makes me mad is when you are bidding on a car and they suddenly pull the listing because it's advertised somewhere else and has sold, sellers can't do that with other items, why cars?

ade555 Feb 2nd, 2012 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laney760 (Post 1084249)
I've just sold a rug on there and am about to post it and have just been looking into the fact that buyers who pay by Paypal via their credit cards can reverse their payments up to 120 days after payment. I seem to recall that when I set up a seller account way back in 2004 that I had the choice to refuse payments from credit cards, not sure if I do now?

A couple of years ago I sold a suitcase on there for less than £20. I was told by Ebay that as my item had been indentified as a risky item I had to wait twelve days after my buyer paid before I could have access to that payment, this is another wierd thing they do sometimes. Suitcase, less than £20, risky?? :speechless-smiley-8

As a seller I agree that they are very pro buyer but as a buyer what really makes me mad is when you are bidding on a car and they suddenly pull the listing because it's advertised somewhere else and has sold, sellers can't do that with other items, why cars?

Yes you can end auction with any item not just cars :thumbs_up:

Volvo2002 Feb 2nd, 2012 15:12

ebay is now pushing away the sellers that made their site.

For example buyers can leave sellers, Positive, Neutral, or Negative feedback, however seller can only leave positive feedback to buyers. I'm sorry, but what idiot behind office doors thought this would be a good idea? The idea behind buying and selling on here is both parties get to share their experience of the transaction but no?

It gets even worse though.

I've posted items to buyers who claim they've not received it and I've sent ebay the postal receipt to prove it's been posted out. If I refuse to refund them, then ebay will do it their self and chase me up for the money. Keep in mind it's very likely the buyer has his item and is taking advantage of the sites bias towards buyers. To avoid this I recommend every seller posts 1st class recorded with a tracking number that means no buyer can claim they've not received the item. In the 7 years I've used the site rarely does any items go missing and in most cases it's likely your buyer is trying to pull a fast one.

Volvo2002 Feb 2nd, 2012 15:16

Since we're on the subject of ebay may I post a link to a seller who refunded me without my permission and made up a make believe story to try and fob me off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306367085...#ht_500wt_1361

Won these and the seller clearly not pleased by the price he got made up a story that I can't even be bothered going into and then refunds me even though I stated twice I don't want a refund...

Avoid this seller at all costs.

Haven't gave him his Negative yet that hopefully ruins his rep.

ade555 Feb 2nd, 2012 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo2002 (Post 1084255)
ebay is now pushing away the sellers that made their site.

For example buyers can leave sellers, Positive, Neutral, or Negative feedback, however seller can only leave positive feedback to buyers. I'm sorry, but what idiot behind office doors thought this would be a good idea? The idea behind buying and selling on here is both parties get to share their experience of the transaction but no?

It gets even worse though.

I've posted items to buyers who claim they've not received it and I've sent ebay the postal receipt to prove it's been posted out. If I refuse to refund them, then ebay will do it their self and chase me up for the money. Keep in mind it's very likely the buyer has his item and is taking advantage of the sites bias towards buyers. To avoid this I recommend every seller posts 1st class recorded with a tracking number that means no buyer can claim they've not received the item. In the 7 years I've used the site rarely does any items go missing and in most cases it's likely your buyer is trying to pull a fast one.

the problem with this is ebay will try to get the money back even if you have prove of postage, it looks like is seller responsible for getting in touch with royal mail or who ever you used to claim your money back as lost or stolen item, but then the company will just turn around and said hold on he sign for this, which ever way you look at it is the seller who gets done :thumbs_up:

buffalo4 Feb 2nd, 2012 15:30

I too have been turned over by E bay...Buyer knew exactly what he was getting, I offered a discount when he complained which he refused, but left nasty remarks on feedback which E bay would not remove..Some people want the world for a tanner lol

andy_d Feb 2nd, 2012 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ade555 (Post 1084262)
the problem with this is ebay will try to get the money back even if you have prove of postage, it looks like is seller responsible for getting in touch with royal mail or who ever you used to claim your money back as lost or stolen item, but then the company will just turn around and said hold on he sign for this, which ever way you look at it is the seller who gets done :thumbs_up:

the Seller IS responsible for the delivery of the item.
Accept that , deal with it and stop bitching
the Seller = sender has ALWAYS been respsonsible for the delivery/failure.
thats not EBAY ,,thats consumer law.

You post it, so you are responsible for the delivery YOU took the contract out with the post office/courier NOT the buyer, its YOUR problem if it doesnt arrive.the buyer Can NOT chase the post office/courier , as they didnt take the contract to deliver out.

****es me off the number of morons who try to avoid there responsiblities with delivery, "its not my fault its,,," WRONG it IS your fault YOU chose to use X to deliver it.

Try Learning how things Really are in the REAL world before you bitch and moan about something your 100% wrong on.

yes Ebay is Unfair to sellers,, yes Ebay isnt the best, or even as good as it was.
but they are sticking TO the law, not crying "not my fault" when it IS your fault/responsiblity.

Does NOT cover you at all if the Buyer is a scamming little sh## bag, isnt fair then,, but , as my sig says .....