Thread: iPod issues
View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 17:27   #6
scw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwas123 View Post
My iphone interfaces ok and I can see all the folders, playlists etc, and once you plug it in it works fine. But then the sounds cuts out, typically after a couple of minutes playing as it should. The track keeps on playing, its just that you can't hear anything. You then disconnect and connect again, and it does exactly the same thing.

I am connecting through the USB port, using a standard Apple jack.
I can confirm this behaviour on the Sensus cars with iOS 5 on an iPod Touch. However, this happens only in specific circumstances...

You must connect the iPod using the USB cable. You must also have previously paired your iPod over Bluetooth with the car (so you can stream wirelessly - which actually works really well, even artist/track names are displayed).

With the iPod playing through USB (Media->iPod in the Sensus menu), switch on the iPod to see the "External Accessory" screen. There may well be a small icon in the black bar at the bottom of the screen. Tapping this will bring up a menu where you can select "Dock Connector" or "My Volvo Car". The former is the USB connection, the latter the Bluetooth media connection.

When the iPod audio stops, I've noticed the iPod automatically switches to "My Volvo Car" but immediately pauses. Manually selecting "Dock Connector" restores audio for another 30-60 seconds.

So it looks like there's some kind of priority thing going on here, where if your iOS 5 device (and this probably affects the iPhone too) is both paired over Bluetooth and hooked up over USB then they contend with each other.

I have no idea if this is a Sensus bug or some new iOS 5 bug.

Steve
scw is offline   Reply With Quote