View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 14:08   #7
notthestig

Default The EPB Tool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzomat View Post
My rear pads are getting thin (less than 3mm of friction material left). The dealer wants over £140 to change them but I've seen the pads for less than £30 delivered. I've replaced pads on many cars before and consider myself to be a competent DIY mechanic (having prepared and serviced successful rally cars back in the day!) I understand that you need to use a special tool to retract/reset the electronic parking brake. I've seen a number on the market but the cheapest seems to be the Autel EST201 at around £70. Has anyone used this on the Volvo? Various suppliers of the bit of kit say that the latest software release (V1.08) allows it to be used on Volvos but the Autel website only seems to have V1.03 and only lists it as compatible with Merc and VAG.
I bought one of the EST201 units and upgraded it to allow for the Volvo EPB deactivation but haven't used it yet. PM me your email address and I can send you the screens of what it displays etc.

I have made it to 107,000kms on the original F & R pads but the rears need doing very soon...

Pics galore at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2008xc70/
notthestig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to notthestig For This Useful Post: