View Single Post
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 00:39   #24
c_lee
VOC26332

I have used eBay for many years - about 10 - and only had one problem.
That was many years ago when I bought some ' must have ' stylish boots for my teen daughter and they genuinely didn't arrive after weeks.
They were £135.
Turns out the seller was a scammer.

I opened a dispute and was refunded the money without too much difficulty.

I knew the responsibility for the delivery lay with the seller because some time before I sold a laser printer to someone and had to post it.
They didn't receive it within a normal posting time scale and I followed it up with Parcellforce ( they lost it ) and followed it through to a belated delivery.

In fact I have feedback early on in my eBay profile thanking me for for doing so once the buyer received it.
The responsibility was mine and the fact that I followed it up thoroughly made the positive feedback for that transaction even better.
It showed I accepted my responsibilities, pain though it was.

I know things are not quite the same today and I would be inclined NOT to sell on eBay now - or specify cleared cheque only for payment.
Certainly not PayPal.

I only buy on eBay now and choose carefuly who I buy from.

I am breaking a 240 at present but none of the parts are on eBay, nor do I expect them to be in the future.

I have sold there in the past but not likely to do so now.

On the whole I think it's quite good for genuine buyers though.

Colin