View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 13:23   #9
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Just looking at the title of this thread isn't it a bit of an oxymoron given what most people have experienced from main dealers!

Only time I would use them is when I get a new car at some point in the future and have the 3 years fixed price servicing... After that independents or DIY on these XC90's as most of the faults are commonly known and can be fairly easily rectified...
Well that is kind of what I thought when I phoned Doves Horsham initially and was told their labour charge!! So I booked into an Indie but they couldn't solve the problem even though I was telling them what it might be as I'd read it on here! They were adamant I was wrong. So I took it out of there and booked into Doves and from now on, for an major diagnostic problems, I would start there. In my experience they solved my many problems and within 24 hours when an Indie had car for 4 whole days and didn't get anywhere, not even a correct diagnosis when I was telling them what was later proved to be correct!

Their master technician there is obviously very good - he's the one who dealt with the car. But agree when I was trying to order some Parts/accessories at another time, they were very vague...
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie For This Useful Post: