View Single Post
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 21:46   #133
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanders View Post
Just picked up my MY12 XC60 today, and guess what, it has this whistling noise. It's on the driver side (though not had a passenger in it yet) and starts at about 60 mph (though it was a little windy today). If I crack open the drivers window a fraction it gets much louder*, but any more and it's drowned out by the sound of general wind noise. Had a 2 hour drive down the A1 / A14 / M11, so most of it above 60mph, and have to say that by the end of it I had a bit of a headache. I see that others have said that Squire Furneaux know how to fix it, anyone know if any other London dealers know.

*So is it a mirror issue, not sure if the fact it got louder when I opened the window a fraction was because it was now letting in more noise, of that is the cause of the issue, where the window meets / seals against the door surround.
mine managed to sort it. volvo colindale: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...6&postcount=30 beware though, they are good, but they charge an arm and a leg for non-warranty. this was within warranty when i had it done and was therefore zero cost.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote