Thread: D5 (D5244T to 2005) - MTE remap
View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 13:18   #11
RobbieH
Two wheeled lycra lout

Unfortunately my driving style has changed to take account of the increased performance

However I would probably say that the economy is no worse than previous. I reckon if I could keep my right boot somewhat less lead lined then I would not be surprised to see somewhere between 5-10% improvement

On a run to the Alps before the remap I averaged a genuine (calculated) 40mpg over 2000 miles. That was cruising at 80mph generally, with a few blasts round the twisties in the Alps.

Last year we went back to the Alps, slightly different area and route but over a similar 1800 miles of driving, and cruising more at 85 than 80 I averaged 39.6mpg (calculated).

On both occasions the on-board computer overestimated by 3-4mpg.

Recently I have had cause to trundle through the roadworks on the M62 between Manchester and Leeds most weekends recently. With the avaerage speed cameras present I set the cruise at 50-53mph using GPS and have noted 60-65mpg is quite normal (on the flat).

54 V70 D5 SE (163, EUIII) MTE, Eibach, Powerflex, IPD arb's, TWR FMIC, Ferrita cat-back.
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote