View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 16:09   #46
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

I've just found this thread again and spent the time reading through it. As always, I'm absolutely amazed not only by how much depth of knowledge there is available on here, but also the fact that someone can whack their V40 diesel up to 168bhp AND improve fuel economy by 20%. Although it's clear graemedench has spent a lot of cash to get that improvement!

I did consider a Kingquick box when I bought the car, but then I worked out that a 20% improvement in mpg would only save me £150 a year on fuel, so it's not exactly worth spending £350 on the box for that reason alone.

I'm intrigued by the simultaneous power increases, although I must say 115bhp ain't no slouch, but as I normally drive under the line, a boost in torque is clearly beneficial to the way I drive, and would dissuade me even further from ragging the turbo around town.

However, I motorway cruise at a shade under 3000rpm but I suppose a box would reduce motorway economy? Or have I misread that?

I'm not daft enough to spend silly money, nor to get my hands that dirty, but are there any quick wins to be learned from all this?

Kingquick box and have a bit of a play with the tweaks maybe?

(I must admit that the clearest way forward is to buy an RX7 as soon as possible. Always wanted one but only ever got as far as Gran Turismo.)
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote