Thread: Stereo/DVD: - SC-xxx AUX INPUT HACK
View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 13:41   #269
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinestreet View Post
Hi there,

I have an 805 (CD above tape?) I did the hack and had things working fine with a dummy tape in the unit. Sound was great.

Then I was putting things back together while I had the HU plugged into the car and fried the motors that drive the tape and eject mechanism. Now the HU does not think there is a tape there and will not pick up the audio input and flicks back to the radio after a short period.

Has anyone done the hack to trick the 805 into thinking there is a tape playing? Or am I stuck?

Cheers, Rhys in Australia
I have just attempted this hack thingy on my SC-805 grey faced, and it sounded awfull, i tried straight off the tape deck inside and also on the PCB underneath the bottom cover where i got nothing. Where did you connect yours for good sound??

Also by mistake did not eject the converted tape before taking in-doors to alter the connections again but when i connected back up to the live plugs again it threw the tape out automatically. When i first put the empty tape in it threw it back out so i pushed it back and quickly pressed play and it stayed in. When i want it back out i just press eject and it works ok.

If you have fried your motors i don`t think you can get the tape back out without trying to turn the cogs manually. You will have to take out that small motor and turn the cog by hand to eject slowly!

Hope this helps you but kindly let me know where you soldered your connections for good sound and what capacitors you used, because this is a complicated unit and not analogue it is difficult to trace?

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote