View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:48   #49
mollusk
VOC Member

PLEASE guys - don't see problems where there are none.

If you are a member you can enter the BKV - end of. If you have not yet rec'd your card, well we all know the problems we've had with the transfer of membership admin, and your word should be enough. (if the VOC won't accept your word then we are taking ourselves far too seriously and if we do and you haven't joined then you get a nice warm feeling of getting one over on us - either way we look foolish (and aren't we good at that of late)).

Some of us are trying very hard to make this BKV a real success and we don't have the time to cover every "what if". Please don't be put off over issues where common sense should rule (not that there's a whole lot of that about at present).

Vic - I take your point about comparative time taken over different cars (the 780) andI think I know the answer. This would have been at Hatton the year before last and I, as usual was one of the judges. As it happened I was allocated the 700/900 class. My collegue looked at the 780 but I had to decline as the owners (Patrik & Ewa Leven) are very good friends of mine. Another judge was assigned so the 780 was looked at again. It then transpired that it tied with another car so a further team judged it again. Hard not to see this as preferential treatment - but in reality just circumstances. Yes the 780 was an import - SO? (but it's been exported back to Germany now so we're all safe!)

As for the format of the judging I'm also a little confused by these allowances.
Firstly people must realise that the BKV is in no way a concours competition and none of the judges are qualified to judge to that standard. For me it's all about how much love and attention the owners confers on his car - NOT getting the ultimate shine nor the correct shade stone chip primer "where the sun don't shine" I always favour the high mileage, well cared for car where the owner has at least tried to do the caring, over the low mileage, little used, bodyshop produced, money no object, show off! And for me too - arrives on a trailer - can stay there as far as the competition is concerned.

I'm also not in favour of a pre MOT class - what is the point - a car under 3 bloody well should be in good nick. I believe there is room for some fun classes as well - hard luck award, most improved, WIP, shouldn't be let in the gate, etc.

So - come along and enjoy yourselves, Vic - you can have a go at me next week at the "Southern" so by the BKV even we'll be friends!
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post: