View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 18:52   #263
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

There has been a lot of discussion since my last post and last time I read this thread.

Prizes!! I for one do not turn up to any car show to win a prize and the vast majority are the same as me. We bring our cars to these shows so that others can see them and see the work and effort that has been put into them. Yes the dedicated show cars and going to tend to pull the prizes year after year but so what. That is the owners reward for not using the car and polishing it very well.

I do also have to agree with Chris on the subject of the worn hinge pin on a very clean car. I see the same kind of thing very often with 120's where a lot of effort has been put into teh body wok but the suspension is a mess. Most of the bushes are crumbling originals and they are mechanicaly neglected. To me those cars should not win a BKV as they are unsafe to drive.

However teh above is not constructive to improving the BKV weekend.
I like the idea of making sat an action day and sun the show and shine day.
Public voting makes sense to me but I remeber it not going down well at the Northern. Perhaps a public vote for the top 3 cars at the show whould be the best idea to avoid confusion. The forms can be handed out on arrival with the entry forms. If the public agree with the judges then that means the judging is working well.

A welcome to the section is a great idea and needs dicussing between all register keepers for next year.

The line up order is always going to be an issue and not everyone will be happy. The traditional oldest at the front and newest at the back does make a lot of sense. It goes keep cars with common ground together, however I also see how mixing this up could be more interesting. I'm not sure what the best answer is on that side of things.

The modified class, I stongly feel it needs to be judged on the merit of the alterations and there is no way that a car that has only had a change of colour or halfords radio fitted should win that class because it is the cleanest. I think that customised would be a better term to use.

As to promoting the BKV there is a direct advert on this forum going to the 80,000 that signed up plus those that only brows. It is also in the events calender for magazines like practical classics. The only way to make it more know is for some of us to put pen to paper and get some of the car mags to do a feature on the BKV and what it has to offer.

The trade stands are also a very important part of the BKV and this year was very good form that side of things but i would like to see even more in years to come.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: