View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 19:35   #264
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
There has been a lot of discussion since my last post and last time I read this thread.

Prizes!! I for one do not turn up to any car show to win a prize and the vast majority are the same as me. We bring our cars to these shows so that others can see them and see the work and effort that has been put into them. Yes the dedicated show cars and going to tend to pull the prizes year after year but so what. That is the owners reward for not using the car and polishing it very well.

I do also have to agree with Chris on the subject of the worn hinge pin on a very clean car. I see the same kind of thing very often with 120's where a lot of effort has been put into teh body wok but the suspension is a mess. Most of the bushes are crumbling originals and they are mechanicaly neglected. To me those cars should not win a BKV as they are unsafe to drive.
I have heard of this problem affecting the classic bike world. AFAIK one solution to stop vehicles being trailered to the site and pushed into to place in gleaming condition was for all vehicles entering to complete a 20 mile (distance is optional) route behind a mrashall and upon returning, all vehicles went into parc ferme conditions and were judged in that state without being cleaned first.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote