View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 20:10   #268
jeff t
VOC Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
That would work however what you would find is that you would have PV's 120 and P1800's in the same class and chances are a P1800 would win every time. And there would other examples like that.

The other down side would be the cross over for example you could have some 240's in the 70's class some in the 80's and teh rest in the 90's.

With the 120 meets I have a couple of classes for the 120's then a over 30 years old class and under 30 years class. On a small event this works well for me.

I also try and keep the 120 meets a lot more informal and all cars are parked together if keeping in the BKV part or not. Getting all the cars together is what I would like to see at the National BKV - there is no reason why a scruffy end of life 850 can not be parked along side a gleaming example.

I think we need some input from some of those that do win prizes at the BKV often and see what they think. I've a feeling they would be upset and maybe put off if the chance of coming home with a prize was reduced.
Always like reading these threads with so mutch interest going on.
I have been showing my car at the bkv since 1996 and had some great wins overal best in show several times, which is good going for a 400 series because they do not seem as popular as other models.
I also enter other classic car shows witch i have won, entered ripon classic car show 2012 and won best post 1980 car.
Won Northern bkv in 2010 when they tried members voting for the best car.
I think the VOC board are on a no win with this one, as they are always going to have members with there ideas that are the best when realy time,the amount of cars and the very high standards are always going up making things harder.
What ever is changed the most important thing is to keep these great cars coming to the shows for us all to see, even if they are very highly polished witch seems to rub some people up, but hey ho great thread.
Cheers jeff.

Last edited by jeff t; Jun 26th, 2012 at 21:47.
jeff t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff t For This Useful Post: