View Single Post
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 23:48   #7
Volvo2002
Young Volvo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villan View Post
I got a quote through them through the web, and phoned up to confirm details before I paid .. and the conversation went along the lines of .. "

Op: Would you be willing to have a tracker fitted as part of the safe driver scheme?"
Me: Uh .... not really.
Op: Oh. Um. Well, they're compulsory.
Me: Then why did you ask me?
Op: Um .. Oh, your quotes loaded ... *subject change*

They were only £50 cheaper with their box fitted than Elephant were - and both quotes were with all mods declared!
I rung Elephant, they matched the quote (and then took a bit more off!), and didn't want to fit things to my car. If I wan't to have my driving graded I'll just turn on my Garmin, that can do it all for me.

Do you have to pay for the removal of the box at the end of the year? I know you're liable for any damage or tampering that happens to it. Is it visible? Will they lower your premium through the year if you drive really well, or does it just not go up?
My quote on co-ops box when I started £680...

After one year of driving...£400!! Now at age 20 I am paying £38 for my cars insurance drive safe pay less as they say...co-op that is lol.

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby"
Volvo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote