View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 10:13   #25
Anadinolin
VOC Member

just got an insurance quite to insure my 460 in march when my insurance runs out

i have no ncb anymore and one accident in june 2012

without black box option ticked....best price with all the goodies was 854 from admiral, 300 more than this years insurance (confused.com)

with the black box, 546, admiral. "the box monitors mileage, driving style, speed, road types and areas most commonly visited" accirding to the guys on the phone. if you are comminly parked up in manchester or a high crime rate area your premium increases, admiralds boxes use the satelite gps systems that sat-navs use. some boxes do not moniter as much information as others. the police may issue fines through our technology if your driving standards are consistently poor

i also asked if the fitting is destructive..i was told "a car is a car and well fit the box where we find it fits best, we could screw it to your roof if we wished. youll still get the cheaper rates" i wasnt happy with that responce and i got the impression they have to drill holes to fit the bix, not for me thanks. i want my car to become a classic and last. if the fitting is destructive, i dont want it done.

here is another bit of information for you guys, while they are good, black boxes make insurance cheaper, but i cant help feeling there is an underlying "micromanagement controll"bhaviour going on in the background.

i apologise for poor spelling, got saussage fingers on a small phone screen and editing is a pain in the ass