View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 00:11   #35
Inverted
Right Wheel Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Holmer
Because in the 1960's, any old fool could make a decent car. Today, the investment required makes even some of the top selling brands actually financial disaster firms. In fact, Volvo is something so unique as a profitable car manufacturer.
That is very true. Very few manufacturers in the 60's 70's actually built decent cars. Volvo on the other hand have built decent, safe, longlasting cars for years - you only need to look at the history of Volvo innovations to prove that - 3 point seatbelts, laminated windscreens to name a couple.

I can't afford a brand new car (Not a Volvo anyway!!) so I'm sticking to my trusty 740. What people percieve(sp) as good/bad is largely a matter of personal opinion.

I happen to work for a renault dealer, and to be honest I wouldn't have one given. The amount of parts replaced under warranty sometimes beggars belief, especially with the Lagunas, and the component quality (IMO) is not as good as Volvo's (I used to work for a Volvo dealer too).

There's nothing wrong with new gadgets or systems as long as they work reliably and that's the rub, because many don't.

Chas

'95 945 B230FD Manual 87k
Koni Sports & PI Springs & Poly Bushes
Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote