View Single Post
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:20   #35
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish
You have stated on your dyno day that transmission losses were approx 15% and from his recorded wheel power figure of 202 you calculated this to be 232 BHP at the 'fly'. The powerstation dyno gives Ren an engine power figure of 278.8 BHP (uncorrected) from a wheel power of 184.9 indicating that there is a huge discrepency in both the wheel figures and the 'quoted' engine power between these 2 dynos (that you state are the same make and model).
TJMurphy is now also confused by these findings as he says (on another forum) you recorded approx. 230 bhp at the wheels. By your calculations that gives an engine power of 265 approx. If you where to apply Powerstation drag losses this would give an engine power of approx. 320 bhp. which according to certain people on this forum is impossible with just an ECU upgrade.
I ask you Bobcat to please clarify which dyno is correct.

Regards,
Hamish.
Hamish can you tell me if it is at all possible to get 320 bhp form just a ecu upgrade as i did not think it was???.I would have thought that it would poss require a hybrid turbo,plus aftermarket downpipe race cat and performance exhaust system aswell.
Thanks
Wayne

96 VAUXHALL VECTRA LEXUS BLACK TINTED REAR LIGHTS,BLACK BEZEL ANGLE EYE HEAD LIGHTS AND NIGH ON FSH
WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
WAYNE.MORTON@MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK