View Single Post
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:47   #1
Munty

Default 740 GL B200E K-Jetronic intermittent starting problem

Ok, I've checked the past posts and can't find this problem exactly so I'm falling on the mercy of the forum wizards. I've got a great '88 740GL 2.0L that has +250K miles (don't know exactly since odo stopped working a few years ago. So few problems it makes me despise most modern car mfrs, but alas an intermittent fault has now arisen with the constant injection system;
The engine sometime starts fine, sometimes not. Getting more often the latter now. Hot starting fine. Fuel pressure ok, sparking ok. Cold start injector ok. Individual cylinder injectors not ok.
They seem to do one squirt on initial cranking and that’s it. The car will eventually start with lots of short cranks to build up enough fuel, but battery sometimes gives out. I’ve lifted the metering flap whilst cranking and the injectors then deliver plenty of fuel. So it looks like an intermittent electrical problem to do with the CIS fuel system, but the manual just says take it to the Volvo dealer. Has anyone got experience of this and any advice please?
Thanks, Matthew.
Munty is offline   Reply With Quote