View Single Post
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 12:07   #1
strake

Default New XC90 Owner for 9 Months - Report

A few people write here asking for views on the XC90 so, I hope this might assist them.
In November of 2005, I picked up my new XC90 Executive D5 6-speed Geartronic and can report the following at 11,000 miles:

1. It has not caught fire...!

2. The SatNav works perfectly. In January we used it to take us on a trip to Dover-St Omer-Brussels-Luxembourg-Cologne-Amsterdam-Colchester. I spent ten minutes programming all the hotel stops the night before and I have to say I was stunned by the capability of the system compared to others I have used..once I got used to it.

3. The tyres have not worn away unduly quickly

4. The best mileage I have returned is 32mpg on the Autobahn

5 The worst mileage I have returned is 28mpg

6. There is no "lag" when pulling away from junctions etc.

7. The only problem occured on the day I picked it up....it broke down. Complete electrical failure 10miles down the road from the dealer. Apparently, the altenator was faulty. Volvo UK compensated me by offering a free first service which is at 18000 miles.

I can honestly say that this car is the first I have ever had where I believe it is truly "fit for purpose". That includes, in recent years, a new Jaguar XJ8 and Porsche 911, both of which disappointed on a regular basis.

The car is comfortable on long journeys, safe for us and other road users and environmentally more acceptable than many others in this group.

In summary..as you can probably tell, I like the car.