View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 22:53   #17
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazon69 View Post
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know of a great exhaust maker/fitter down my neck of the woods.
I'd got sick to death of the wretched Simons 'sports' exhaust..it was noisy, ugly, and hit everything it could. Replacement options are limited however, as we know. So, I decided to have a stainless one made. I found Infinity exhausts, just off junction 18 of the M4 (Bath exit). Phil and his boys made, from scratch, the full exhaust from the downpipe back. They made and fitted a silencer before the axle, then went over the axle (we discussed under, but decided against), then put in another handmade, thin silencer where the original massive back box was. I got to choose the tailpipe. Very exciting...I went for one with an 8" diameter...only joking. The whole thing tucks up so tight under the car it's unbelievable...and not a single knock or touch anywhere. The pipe over the axle is somehow about half as long as the one that came off.... Power is easily as good as the simons, and noise levels much lower, but still sporty. No droning now either...apparently that's due to the weird 3' long pseudo 'silencer' in the Simons...
And I got them to weld me in a Lambda plug in the downpipe. All that for £300, with a lifetime guarantee. Got to be better than the other options, if you can afford it. For the first time in 3 years I got up my drive without scraping the exhaust..hooray
I have no affiliation with the company, I'm just a very happy customer.
http://www.infinity-exhausts.co.uk/
I'd post pictures but whenever I try I fail, so you'll just have to imagine..
in the original post which he had written up was this info

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote