View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:52   #202
id5
Premier Member

I swapped the Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow's on the XC60 yesterday back to the original Rosso’s, I will leave the Nokian's on the Focus for a while longer as it is still dark and frozen when I go to work. My original thoughts when I swapped the Rosso’s are here http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...&postcount=112

The original Rosso’s have 5mm of tread left on the rears and 3mm on the front, I am hoping to get a couple of thousand miles on the fronts before I change them. I took the XC60 out for a run round the block to check that all was okay and noticed a big difference in handling. The steering was tramlining, moving across the bumps and needed constant very minor corrections to keep in line. I double checked the toque on the bolts, visually inspected the join between the wheel and the hub, checked the pressures and all was okay but what a difference in handling.

I am sure that there is nothing wrong and that it is just a different feel but I may advance swapping the fronts to new Conti’s or Michelin’s sooner than I thought. I may have to start a Poll (bun fight) on which would be better
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote