View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 13:43   #203
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5 View Post
I swapped the Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow's on the XC60 yesterday back to the original Rosso’s, I will leave the Nokian's on the Focus for a while longer as it is still dark and frozen when I go to work.

I took the XC60 out for a run round the block to check that all was okay and noticed a big difference in handling. The steering was tramlining, moving across the bumps and needed constant very minor corrections to keep in line. I double checked the toque on the bolts, visually inspected the join between the wheel and the hub, checked the pressures and all was okay but what a difference in handling.

I am sure that there is nothing wrong and that it is just a different feel but I may advance swapping the fronts to new Conti’s or Michelin’s sooner than I thought. I may have to start a Poll (bun fight) on which would be better
Likewise, swapped my Winter Nokians for Summer P Rosso's yesterday & noticed that same difference in handling. But after a few hours driving this morning it felt just like normal - what ever normal is?