View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 21:10   #1
Piemanpilley

Unhappy What's it worth?

Hello all, I've been an avid reader of this forum ever since I bought my volvo c70 last year, although have never posted much. I have however picked up many tips (and no doubt saved some cash) thanks to posters on here.

My car is a 2002 c70 coupe 2.0 lpt in black, it's got 68000 miles and a full service history. The interior is cream leather with the silver dash inserts. When I was looking for a new car last year I certainly never intended on ending up with a volvo...however when I saw the car I could get for my money I couldn't resist - and you really do in my opinion get some of the best value for money you can get with these cars - a mere snip at £1,900. And this one certainly is in excellent condition.

Now I love this car, and above I have just justified why I love it, however I've always had a certain itch after a year or car ownership to get something new - and this one is no different. I know that I may well regret it however I feel like a change (and preferably a rear wheel drive one!).

Now I want some advice on how much I can afford to get back for it. My logic states that I spent £1900 only one year ago, whilst in that year spent the best part of a grand on new tyres, discs and pads, various odd bobs and a service - so it's surely worth more, right?

Unfortunately the car market doesn't work like that and all the love and care put into the car means nothing to a deal hungry buyer. So how much does this forum think would be an achievable price? To be honest it would break my heart to see it go for less than £1500, but that might just be the way it goes.

Ill try and follow this post up with a picture.

Thank you
Josh
Piemanpilley is offline   Reply With Quote