View Single Post
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 21:50   #1
Rebrabuk

Default '53 Volvo S60 D5 SE

Hi

I'm selling my '53 Volvo S60 D5 SE.
5 speed manual, 163bhp model.
Tax until June, MOT until Nov.

I've owned the car for just over 2 years now, taking it from 125,000 to 155,000 miles.

It is grey in colour, with off black leather interior.

The car had the intercooler replaced at 128,000
Service inc Oil/Oil Filter & Fuel Filter changed at 138,000
Service inc Oil/Oil Filter changed at 152,000

It is currently in need of a little TLC and investment, which i am no longer willing to provide to it. It needs x4 new tyres and new brake disks/pads all around which i've been putting off due to an ongoing boost related problem.

Boost related problem: Late last year i discovered that the turbo/actuator was sticking and causing engine management issues. I bought a second hand turbo unit and stripped/cleaned it, before putting the car into the garage to have it swapped over. During the replacement procedure the 'new' actuator was found to be dented, so the turbo unit was replaced, whilst leaving the old actuator fitted. After ~6 months of it working ok, it is now sticking again suggesting the actuator is causing the problem and will require replacement. Drives and boosts perfectly until it's under heavy load (i.e. 5th gear, 2.5k rpm) when the engine service warning comes on.

With a second child on the way, i don't have the time nor interest in putting this right, so it's a relatively simple project for anyone interested.

I'm looking for £1200 ono.
Based in Blyth, Northumberland.

Rebrabuk is offline   Reply With Quote