View Single Post
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 08:34   #55
Turbodave
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiPsTa33 View Post
Well if it hasn't gone for scrap yet i'll take it as my timing belt snapped on mine and i could make one up out of the 2
I've sent you a PM sir... the car is still here up until Friday but I'm not sure it makes financial sense to come and get it, bearing in mind I'm a few miles north of Edinburgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillB View Post
Turbodave: Sorry to hear you're scrapping it but I did pm you about a known good pump I have. You didn't reply so I assume you're not interested. Will advertise on here soon. Regards.
Hi Bill, apologies... I've only just found your PM. Very kind offer however despite the pump being quite cheap, time I add up all the other costs I'll still be pushing towards £500 just to get it road legal and moving again and that just doesn't make sense to me.

It's a 160k, 15 year old Volvo at the end of the day which was great as a rather bombproof, solid big workhorse for dragging trailers and generally abusing and chewing miles, however it wasn't very attractive and it was like driving a tank... so Mrs Turbodave struggled with it at times. The clutch being the biggest issue (mega heavy) so hence, if it was a potential time bomb then really, it'd be silly to invest time / effort.

I'm cutting my losses, I have the Cavalier on the road for summer and she has a Calibra. The Cavalier will be back in the garage come winter and we're selling her car to get something that will replace the Volvo, but not be quite as tank like hence I mulled over a phase 1 V40 Turbo a few weeks back but I think we may end up with a Zafira GSi or a Mk5 Astra SRi Turbo estate. Shhhhh!

Cheers chaps
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbodave For This Useful Post: