View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 14:36   #14
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Surely owners should be praised for the work that they have done themselves? If there are two highly modified cars, one where the owners has been working for months coming up with ideas and building the engine etc themselves and another car where the car has been highly modified by a garage and the owner has had no part in the hard work they should be judged in a different class. If there was a class for the best modified car which has been worked on by the owner as a project it would be a very worthwhile competition - the owner could keep a dossier of all the work that has been done as well as notes on the car's development. People should be praised for the hard work that they have done as well as the techniques that they have used to address issues that they have met whilst working on the car as well as the innovative ideas that they have had! Please excuse me if I have discussed anything that anybody has already mentioned!
Right, so if you were not judging next year and entered your race S70 into the Most/Best Modded it would not be entered with the others, score any points, interest or respect because you bought the car modified?

Surely having different classes of Best Modded creates more complexity and would require yet another award? This seems very unneccessary to me and do we really have enough cars to start splitting into seperate groups?

What is wrong with every person voting for their favourite modded car which would emcompass all these points and leave the final vote to the discretion of the voter.

For instance, Mouthy is heavily modified - S W Autos carried out all works Does this therefore mean she should be dismissed, ignored or ridiculed?

Personally, I would vote for a car which has had the works carried out by the owner and interested in listening (or reading) the story of the blood, sweat and tears shed in order to get the car to its present condition.