Thread: C70: - Audio: Rear seat subs
View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 18:54   #6
MikeS100
Premier Member

Does anyone have access to the wiring diagams for the C70 convertible with the SC-901 Dolby set up (and the knowledge to understand them!) that could check what I want to do? The way I have installed this before is a direct power feed with a switch and then it just connects accross the rear speakers in parallel with one lead connecting to the left speaker and the other lead connecting to the right speaker. I'm guess on the C70 though that the switch in the rear centre console for the subs is just a power switch, so I'm hoping I can tap in to that so I can turn the extra sub on and off with this switch. And then can I just connect it in parallel with the 2 subs in the same way I have connected before across the rear speakers?

Ran out of time today so I'm hoping to get the rear seat backs out next saturday and have a better look. If the wires in my photo are for the subs (3 wires the same on both sides) then I'm hoping it is just as simple as 2 of them being for power and the 3rd for the sound, in which case I could tap into the power wires there and then tap one connector into the left hand 3rd lead and the other into the right hand 3rd lead. Does that sound plausible or am I way off? Could it be 3 wires to the sub or should there be 4?
MikeS100 is offline   Reply With Quote