View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 00:00   #33
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Looks like all the mods have gone to sleep today.

I will answer your question here.

I am a fully registered LPG installer. I have no intension of joining the corrupt LPGA/UKLPG for a number of reasons where I disagree with how they have operated and allowed some very shoddy installers get away with some lethal stuff. Things have changed for the better now with them and have put measures in place to try and control standards. Every now and then I do toy with the idea of paying the fee to become a member of the "club". That is all that they are and have no power at all. UK LPG installations are not regulated at all.

For me I prefer to have an independent inspection for registration to the database (note no certificate any longer for LPGA/UKLPG)

You really struggle to understand that the LPGA and UKLPG are exactly the same thing just rebranded. The COP has not changed and all installations should meet COP11

The French operate a different much more strict system where every component has to recorded and homologation papers provided. Once all the paperwork is in place the installation has to pass inspection.

I would rather see each and every LPG conversion inspected in a similar way to kit cars etc with the SVA (now updated and name changed). It would be the best solution in my opinion.

This has all been discussed many many times before on the Various forums and I'm sure a google search would have provided your answer.

Your still not sure what my certificate is?

My certificate is an engineers certificate confirming that the installation is installed to compliance with the LPGA/UKLPG code of practice COP11 the one that relates to automotive installations. I can only provided a certificate for the systems that I am trained to install such as AFC, KME, BRC, OMVL, Europegas Bigas etc. I can not issue one for systems I am not trained on such as AG or LPGTech

SonyViao I do find it interesting that the only times you have ever posted in the LPG section of this forum is to comment in threads discussing my installations! Would you min removing some of the BS from your posts.

Thantos,

Fuel and air mixed together is explosive, that is how an engine runs. Just like a carb engine (the B21E is the same engine as the carb B21A) will have a manifold full of air and fuel. Ignite it and it will go bang. When it does happen on one of these engines the norm is just to blow the idle pipes off that be easily pushed back on. The pop off valves just do not work and more often than not when used will cause the car to become undrivable. The worst case is what has happened here and damaged the air flow meter, it is a risk on any conversion to a engine with a mechanical air flow meter. And yes mixers are manufacture approved for use on mechanical air flow metered engines. The customer was warned that is can/does happen as with any other mixer system.
Why did it happen, if you read the original post the backfire occoured changing fuels as the LPG ran out. Since it has been running on LPG only there has not been another backfire so that does suggest the ignition system and LPG system are both working correctly in that sense.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: