View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 10:22   #36
mollusk
VOC Member

I have no intention of either attacking or defending Dai (I know the guy and personally have no problems with him) but I will inject a little of my version of "balance".

I don't believe for one moment that Dai sets out to "do a bad job" or indeed to con people (at least, I've known him for a number of years and have seen no evidence of such) he is very active on the 300 scene and has, and continues to do, good work there.
Certainly something is going wrong with at least some of his LPG conversions but not necessarily dangerous work (I have seen far worse jobs by so called certificated and registered installers).

What I do believe Dai has been guilty of, certainly in the past, is "hiding his head I the sand" faced in the past with what has amounted to a witch hunt (I will not comment on justification) he has done what many would do when presented with a concerted attack by those more eloquent than he (or those perhaps suffering an "American Lawyer" complex) he has run and hidden, hoping they would go away. Certainly attacks have been relentless.
Problems happen, mistakes are made by the very best, but the remedy must always be to face them, deal with them and learn by them. Evidence suggests that Dai has not been terribly good at that on occasions! But I do not believe this should make him a pariah deserved of constant denigration at any excuse.

I have now probably upset both sides. To those "guilty" of attacks, I apologise, but I feel some of you take rather too much pleasure in Dai's discomfort and Dai, I apologise to you (but you have to admit you've never been the best at defending yourself.)

On a final note, one thing I can claim expertise in is the Kjet system, Dai, if you are expecting the customer to fit a replacement metering plate please, please, stress the importance of correct centralisation and precise height alignment within the metering body venturi. If this is not done it will never start or run on petrol!

Mollusk.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post: